<USS Eagle> "Into the Hornet's Nest" sim of 101103

  • From: Rayne McCloud <raynemccld@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 19:39:38 -0400

SIM NOTES:
    We will be pretty much picking up where we left off, next week.  So any logs for the away team will pretty much be in the moment.  Those left on the ship you can report on what you're seeing.

SIM RECAP:
"Into the Hornet's Nest"
Officers present: Captain McCloud, Commander Jorel, Lt. Commander Vanik, Lt. Hart, Lt.jgs Banning, Moonshadows to Enien & Wren
Absent: Dr. Compton
Stardate: 64697.03 (09/12/2387, 10:00 hours)

    The ship approaches the Firegon base, under the sub-mode disguise.  Sensors show the Multawny is moored outside the Firegon base.  McCloud has Vanik stop the ship, just within transporter range of the science ship.  He also orders OPS to change the disguise to make it appear as the ship has had a sudden radiation leak.  An inspection shuttle is sent out from the base, and permitted aboard the Eagle, but is immediately cut off, communications-wise, and drawn into the ship's shuttle bay to prevent them from revealing the ship's disguise.  An actual radiation burst is sent out to disguise the transporter beam sending the teams over to the Multawny.

SIM LOG:
21:00 CaptMcCloud =/\= ATTENTION ON DECK =/\=
21:01 Cdr_Jorel ::AA::
21:01 LtjgBanning ::AA::
21:01 Ltjg_Wren ::AA::
21:01 LtCmdrVanik ::AA::
21:01 Lt_Hart ::AA::
21:01 CaptMcCloud Captain's Log, Stardate 64697.03 (09/12/2387, 10:00 hours)
21:02 CaptMcCloud We are now on approach to the Firegon base. The ship is still disguised as the Firegon battle cruiser we disabled and left totally helpless.
21:03 CaptMcCloud The U.S.S. Dauntless has maintained a watch on that particular ship to be certain they haven't gotten power back up, or had any help come along to ruin our plan.
21:04 CaptMcCloud The U.S.S Persephone remains close to us, but also has been keeping "out of sight" of the Firegon sensors. Kudos to Captain Marqusa and her crew for that.
21:04 CaptMcCloud I am keeping my fingers crossed we pull this masquerade off.
21:05 CaptMcCloud ==== BEGIN ====
21:05 CaptMcCloud CO >[ OPS ] Lt. Wren, give me all ship, please.
21:06 Ltjg_Wren Ops>[co] Aye Sir. ::Puts the captain through to the entire ship, then looks at him and nods::
21:06 LtjgBanning SCI> :: trying to get a scan of the base without being obvious about it.
21:07 CaptMcCloud CO >+[ ALL ]+ Attention, Crew. This is the captain.
21:08 CaptMcCloud CO >[ ALL ] We are now approaching the Firegon base. The away team for the Multawny should assemble in the transporter rooms now.
21:08 Cdr_Jorel xo> :: sitting in her chair on the bridge, listening::
21:09 CaptMcCloud CO >+[ ALL ]+ We will not have a lot of time before the Firegon get suspicious. THey will undoubtedly send a shuttle out to greet us and check on damages.
21:10 CaptMcCloud CO >+[ ALL ]+ we will hold hte sub-mode up and bring the shuttle aboard, at which time we will isolate it from comunicating with the base and disable it once it is inside.
21:10 CaptMcCloud CO >+[ ALL ]+ Timing is going to be crucial so let's everyone stay alert..... That is all.
21:12 CaptMcCloud CO >[ XO ] Commander The Eagle is once again yours.
21:12 Cdr_Jorel xo >[ co ] Where are you headed Captain?
21:12 Lt_Hart CENG> :: gets his team of engineers ready for the mission.
21:13 CaptMcCloud CO >[ XO ] I will head the away team to the Multawny.
21:13 CaptMcCloud =/\=ACTION: The Eagle approaches the base and is hailed by
the same. =/\=
21:13 Cdr_Jorel xo >[ co ] Is that wise Captain? I know I haven't been an XO long, but I do believe the CO is not suppose to lead
21:13 Cdr_Jorel the away team
21:14 Ltjg_Wren xo >[ co ] Captain, incoming hail from the base
21:14 LtjgBanning SCI> ::tries to pay attention to the scanners and not the "battle" he knows is
coming::
21:15 CaptMcCloud CO >[ XO ] The CO is not supposed to put himself in unnecessary danger, unless the mission dictates otherwise, Commander.
21:16 CaptMcCloud =/\=ACTION: Science scanners detect the Multawny moored to
the outside of the station. =/\=
21:16 Cdr_Jorel xo >[ co ] and I do not believe this mission dictates otherwise Captain. Your experiences are better used here.
21:17 LtjgBanning SCI> Captain, I have the Multawny on sensors, sir. She is moored outside the base.
21:17
*** Moonkshadows joined #usseagle
21:18 CaptMcCloud CO >[ XO ] I shall differ with you on that, XO, as the classified nature of the information on the Multawny DOES dictate I go over.
21:18 Moonkshadows I greet all
21:19 CaptMcCloud CO >[ HELM ] slow to 1/8 impulse, Mr. Vanik. Take us to transporter range of the Multawny and stop there.
21:19 CaptMcCloud ((Hello, Lt. Moonshadows. We are just about ready to get this mission underway, we're just appraching the base.))
21:19 Moonkshadows ((SOrry computer problems, router was futzed))
21:20 Cdr_Jorel xo >[ co ] Captain, your knowledge of the classified material is a good reason for you to stay. If we are captured, we can tell less information than you.
21:20 LtCmdrVanik HELM >[ CO ] One-eigth impulse and stop just within transporter range.
21:20 Moonkshadows TAC>[CO] Space clear on my scanners sir, no hostiles...
21:21 CaptMcCloud CO >[ XO ] But, only I can verify whether the classified information has been compromised, and decide if we need to take further action against the Firegon.
21:23 CaptMcCloud CO >[ OPS ] Lt. Wren. Ready the sub-mode to show a radiation leak. That will give us an exvuse not to get any closer to the base.
21:23 Moonkshadows TAC>::As a practice excercise, she charts the weak points of the Multawny::
21:24 CaptMcCloud CO >[ TAC/HELM ] Mr. Vanik and Moonshadows you are with me.
21:24 Cdr_Jorel xo >[ co ] and just how would you verify it Captain?
21:24 CaptMcCloud CO >[ XO ] the topic is not up for debate, XO. You now have the bridge.
21:24 Moonkshadows TAC>::TAIL SNAPS once::[co} Aye sir...
21:25 Ltjg_Wren ops >[ co ] aye sir :: modifies the sub mode::
21:25 Cdr_Jorel xo >[ co ] Aye sir. Good luck, and you better come back alive Captain.
21:25 Moonkshadows TAC {ATC} Mr Zir Van, take the arch! ::Follows the CO::
21:25 LtjgBanning SCI> ::thinks:: 'Oooo... slammed the door on that one'
21:26 CaptMcCloud CO >[ XO ] ::smiles:: If I don't, Commander, you have this beautiful ship all to yourself.
21:26 CaptMcCloud CO>:: Enters the TL::
21:26 Cdr_Jorel xo >[ co ] :: chuckles:: There is that Captain.
21:27 Moonkshadows TAC>::Thinks they are baiting slashbacks doing this::
21:27 LtCmdrVanik HELM> ;; Turns over the helm to the next officer and moves to the bridge::
21:27 CaptMcCloud CO >[ OPS ] Lt. Wren. You're with me as well.
21:28 Ltjg_Wren Ops> :: stands up and heads to the TL::
21:28 Lt_Hart CENG> :: has his team assembled:: +[CO]+ Lt. Hart to Captain McCloud we're ready in transporter room three.
21:29 Moonkshadows Tac> ::Stands at the back of the TL, tail waving agitatedly. ZEars forward::
21:29 CaptMcCloud CO >+[ CENG ]+ Good to know, Lt. We're headed to TR 1, now and will coordinate with your shortly.
21:30 CaptMcCloud =/\=ACTION: The ship halts within transporter range of the Multawny. As expected the base hails the Eagle again. =/\=
21:31 Moonkshadows TAC> ::she would far rather be at command of the main armament right now::
21:32 CaptMcCloud CO >[ TAC ] ::as the lift stops and they start towards the TR:: Lt. You seem.... agitated.
21:32 Bot OPS2> [XO] The base is hailing, Commander.
21:33 Moonkshadows TAC>[CO] I feel like I am walking into a grabfoot colony... they are small, but many can pull a person down
21:33 CaptMcCloud CO >[ TAC ] Indeed, Lt. ANd they have proven they can pull us down... if we are not careful.
21:35 Moonkshadows TAC>::Tail whacks the side of the TL, she subsides:: {CO} I will be calm, sir
21:36 LtjgBanning SCI> ::scans the Multawny::
21:36 Cdr_Jorel xo> [ops2] open the chanel, making sure the disguise is good.
21:37 CaptMcCloud CO> :: gets word the security team is assembled and ready in TR2::
21:37 Ltjg_Wren Ops> ::follows the Captain::
21:37 CaptMcCloud CO >+[ XO ]+ McCloud to bridge all teams are assembled, and we'll await your signal to beam over.
21:38 Moonkshadows TAC>[CO] Phasers, sir?
21:38 CaptMcCloud CO> [ALL] Everyone on the transporter pad, and we wait.
21:38 CaptMcCloud CO >[ TAC ] Yes, Lt. Phasers, on high stun.
21:39 LtCmdrVanik HELM> :: takes a phaser and sets it::
21:39 Moonkshadows TAC>::She steps on the pad, faces front and wraps her tail around her waist - she does NOT trust the machine to beam all of her... checks charge and setting of phaser::
21:39 Ltjg_Wren Ops> :: steps up on the PADD, modifying her phaser::
21:40 CaptMcCloud =/\=ACTION: The channel is opened. A Firegon appears on the screen, and suddenly looks perplexed. He glares at the altered image of Jorel then asks:: Where is the hodok? =/\=
21:41 LtjgBanning SCI> :: pulls up the control codes for the Multawny::
21:42 Cdr_Jorel xo> He's currently looking at the radiation leak that we got
21:42 Bot Firegon> Yes, we detected that as well. We are sending out a repair shuttle to give you assistance.
21:43 Moonkshadows TAC>:: She holsters the phaser on the belt she is wearing as a sash, having little in the way of hips::
21:43 Cdr_Jorel xo> I'm sure the Hodok would appreciate it sir.
21:43 CaptMcCloud CO> :: holsters his phaser as well::
21:44 Bot @ Firegon> ::: Smiles his pointed tooth smile:: Very well. Base out.
21:45 CaptMcCloud =/\=ACTION: The sensors detect the shuttle leaving the base. =/\=
21:45 Cdr_Jorel (( brb, sorry!!))
21:47 LtjgBanning SCI> [XO] THe shuttle is on its way, Commander, and I do have access to Multawny's internal sensors.
21:49 Lt_Hart CENG> :: is waiting with his team for word to go::
21:49 LtCmdrVanik HELM> :: standing on the transporter pad::
21:50 Moonkshadows TAC> ::She unwraps her tail, beginbs slowly waving it::
21:51 CaptMcCloud CO >[ ALL ] We are beaming straight to the Multawny bridge. That will be our area to secure. Lt. Wren, do what you can to secure communications and not have the base panic if they are cut off.
21:51 Moonkshadows TAC>::Wraps her tail again::
21:51 Cdr_Jorel (( bak ))
21:51 CaptMcCloud CO> I will check the computer files to see if they have been compromised at all.
21:52 Cdr_Jorel xo >[ sci ] good, inform Security that we have guests coming.
21:52 Ltjg_Wren Ops >[ CO ] will do Captain
21:52 LtjgBanning SCI> [XO] Aye, sir. ::Sends the information to security and the hangar deck.::
21:53 Ltjg_Wren xo >[ Ops2 ] make sure our disguise does not drop while we bring that shuttle over ens
21:55 CaptMcCloud =/\=ACTION: The shuttle takes its good old time, but finally come close to the disguised Eagle, It goes around to the shuttle entrance, and makes its way in. =/\=
21:55 Cdr_Jorel xo >[ Ops2 ] when the shuttle enters the hangar bay, I want you to make it look like a little radiation is leaking out the front of the ship. Coordinate with the TR so that they can use that as a cover to transport over to the Multawny
21:55 Bot OPS2> Aye, sir.
21:56 Bot OPS2> :: readies the collector to throw some junk out there::
21:57 Cdr_Jorel xo> :: looks over at the sci station, a little envious Banning gets to play with this new ship, then looks back at the main screen::
21:58 LtjgBanning SCI> [XO] The shuttle is in and we have them cut off communication wise, Commander.
21:58 Bot OPS2> Releasing radiation, Commander.
21:59 Bot OPS2> :: has the collectors send the stuff out from the ship::
21:59 Cdr_Jorel xo >[ Sci ] Good, let's keep it that way. And have our guests escorted to the brig.
21:59 LtjgBanning SCI> [XO] AYe, sir. :: sends the message to the hangar deck::
22:00 CaptMcCloud =/\=ACTION: OPS sends the word to the transporter tooms and the teams beam to the Multawny =/\=
22:00 CaptMcCloud =/\= Pause Sim =/\=