[ussbansheec] Fading Fantasies

  • From: Rhiannon <bansheec@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ussbansheec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ussbansheec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 16:30:08 -0500

Fading Fantasies
Moria McEntire-McKenna

She felt as if she were being pulled in different directions. She wanted to
be with her children, she wanted, needed, to talk to her mother about what
had happened before she¹d left, Noah was on the station, she wanted to check
on Victoria, she wanted to sober up James, she wanted to make sure Evey and
Nana Lindsey weren¹t killing each other, she wanted to talked to Aneririn
about what happened, she wanted to talk to Talibah to see if the damage her
sister had caused had fractured her relationship with her choose family
beyond repair. But Moria was only one woman and could only do one thing at a
time, and right now that was spending the evening with her husband. So many
nights had passed on Banshee where she dreamt of being wrapped in Joe¹s
arms, and now that she was there her mind couldn¹t focus on him alone.

³You alright, Moria?² Joe asked softly when the long silence they¹d been in
since they finished dinner finally got to him. He ran calloused fingers
through her hair as he turned to look down into her face. ³You¹re awfully
quite.²

Moria sighed as she closed her eyes and rested her head on her husband¹s
chest. ³Just a lot on my mind.² She replied as she tightened the hold she
had on him. ³I can¹t get my mind to slow down. I¹m sorry. Mummy¹s keeping
the kids so we can be alone tonight, but I¹m just all over the place right
now.²

He brushed at her cheek before leaning down and kissing the top of her head.
³You¹re grieving, you¹re still adjusting to being back, so it¹s
understandable. Don¹t worry, things will settle down once we get back to
Earth. You¹ll feel much better once we¹re back on the station. The old place
hasn¹t felt right with you and the kids gone.²

That made Moria sit up and look at Joe oddly. ³What do you mean since the
kids have been gone?²

³They¹ve been staying with your mother.² Joe replied.

Moria blinked as she watched her husband get up and head to the replicator.
She¹d known her mother had helped with the kids while she was away, but she
didn¹t know it had been a full time thing. ³You left them with my mother all
this time?²

Joe nodded while he ordered two bottles of beer. He walked back over to the
couch where they had settled after dinner and then held one out for Moria.
³It was just going to be while we moved the sheep to the lower grazing
lands, but you know how things go this time of year. We¹ll get back just in
time for the seasonal sheering.²

Moria took the bottle but didn¹t drink from it. It hadn¹t been the first
time they¹d left the kids with her mother while things were hectic at the
station, but that had only been a week or two, not months. This bit of news
really got under her skin, but before she could say anything to Joe about
it, he was brushing at her hair and looking at her in the longing kind of
way he¹d been looking at her since she¹d stepped off the ship.

³I missed you, Moria.² Joe said softly before leaning in and kissing Moria
gently on the lips.

Moria moaned when she felt Joe¹s hands on her hips as he pulled her onto his
lap. ³I missed you too.² She replied just before Joe¹s kiss became deeper.
She felt the first bubble of hunger for him in the pit of her gut as he
shifted his kisses to the nape of her neck. His calloused hands felt good as
they slipped under her shirt to caress her stomach. Moria gripped at Joe¹s
hair and moaned. She¹d nearly given up on ever felling his hands on her
again.

With the ease that came from their difference in size, Joe stood up without
breaking any of their contact. His lips nipped at her ear, his arms wrapped
around her, her hands in his hair, her legs encircling his waist. Joe walked
them into the bedroom and laid Moria down gently. He spread his taller,
broader frame over hers as he returned his kisses to her lips.

Moria¹s hands had no difficultly finding the buttons on Joe¹s shirt. As the
lust built between them she could feel his readiness against her thigh and
her own collecting between her legs. She all but ripped the shirt from him
and than quickly replaced her roaming hands with heated kisses. From there
it was a long, teasing, and yet quick process of removing the remaining
articles of clothing that kept them from each other. Moria was down to her
panties and Joe his boxers before her common sense broke through the lusty
fog. ³Joe,² She rasped out as she pushed Joe¹s body off her own a little.
³baby, hold on, stop a moment.²

Joe groaned. ³I don¹t think I can.² He smiled at her before leaning down and
taking a nipple into his mother.

The fog threatened to smoother her again but Moria managed to wiggle out
from under her husband. ³Just for a moment, baby.² She promised as she went
to the small medical replicator in the bathroom. She keyed in the codes that
would produce the hyperspray she needed and then went back to the bedroom
when she had it in hand. ³I need you to take this before we go any further.²

The cabin was cold and it was making Moria¹s nipples even more erect, which
was drawing most of Joe¹s attention as he watched his wife walking towards
him. ³What is it?²

³It¹s a male contraceptive.² She explained as she moved to stand in front of
him. ³I stopped taking mine so my cycle would start again and normal out, so
I need you to take one.²

Joe reached out and grabbed Moria¹s wrist before she could touch his upper
arm with the hyperspray. He looked up into her grey eyes as he narrowed his
own. ³Why?²

³Because,² She replied as she looked between his hand on her arm and his
eyes. ³I can¹t risk getting pregnant, but I can¹t take any contraceptives
because my cycle needs to regulate again.²

³Moria,² Joe said as he to looked between their hands and her eyes. ³What¹s
going on?²

It then dawned on her that Joe was clueless about the choices she¹d made
while she was away. Pulling her arm free of his, she set the hyperspray down
and sat beside him. ³I¹ve offered to be a segregate for Victoria.²

Joe blinked once before asking, ³What?²

³I found out while we were gone that Victoria can¹t carry a child.² She
explained as she flashed back on her brother¹s drunken confession, her
conversation with her sister, and her offer to carry Victoria and Andy¹s
baby for them. ³So I told Victoria that when she and Andy are ready to have
a child together that I¹d carry it for them. We¹re identical triplets,²
Moria paused for a second while she wondered if she should start referring
to her and Victoria as twins now that their third was missing. ³which means
I¹d have a much higher chance of successfully carrying her baby than a
stranger would. Besides, she¹s my sister and it¹s the least I can do for
her.²

A mix of anger and surprise crossed Joe¹s face as he shook his head while
running his hand through his messy brown hair. ³You already told her you¹d
do this?²

³Yes.² Moria replied as she eyed Joe¹s reaction.

³Don¹t you think you should have asked me before you did something like
that?² Joe demanded as he stood up.

Anger flushed Moria¹s face as she watched Joe start pacing. He only paced
like that when he was really upset about something. What the hell was his
problem? She wondered as she asked, ³Ask you? You¹d better not mean as in
asking your permission.²

Joe stopped and looked at his wife as he nodded. ³Well, yeah, I do mean that
you should have asked me. This choice doesn¹t just affect you. You¹re my
wife! Don¹t I get a say in wither or not you carry another man¹s baby?²

She couldn¹t believe he¹d just said that. Moria stood and closed the
distance between her and her husband. Her anger was flaring. She could
almost hear James telling her she was getting her Irish up, but not even
that calmed the storm brewing behind her already gray eyes. ³Oh for the love
of god! You did not just say that!² Her voice raised a little as she went
on. ³You make it sound like I was going to sleep with Andy or something! The
baby would be Victoria¹s, Joe, not mine. It would be her eggs if their
useable, if not then her genetic mental fused into one of my eggs, along
with a cluster of stem cells that would allow her DNA to override any of
mine in the egg, making the child genetically hers not mine. That egg would
then be artificially fertilized with Andy¹s sperm and then implanted in my
uterus. The whole bloody thing would be done in a lab you macho git!²

³That¹s not what I meant at all Moria and you know it!² Joe huffed back.

³Then what the bloody hell did you mean?² She asked as she crossed her arms
over her bare chest. The mood for sex was long gone but she didn¹t feel like
taking the time to put her clothes back on. A quick flick of her eyes
downward let her know Joe on the other hand was still willing to give her a
go.

Joe sighed as he rubbed the back of his neck. ³I was just kind of hoping
that once you got home, now that this Star Fleet rubbish is behind you, that
we could have another baby. If you¹re so willing to go back on you vow never
to have another child, shouldn¹t it be for us?²

It took several silent moments for her to process what her husband had said.
Not only was he telling her she had to ask permission to do with her body as
she pleases, but now he¹d just assumed she was leaving Star Fleet? When she
finally spoke her voice was low, even soft, in that scary kind of way she
had that meant she was beyond pissed. ³Lets get a few things straight Joseph
Alan McKenna. One, I¹m your wife not you¹re property, and not your child. I
do not have to ask your permission for a goddamn thing. If I had found out
about Victoria here at home, I would have talked to you about the choice I¹d
made, but by no means would I have asked for your permission. Second, we
have four beautiful babies and I still feel that our family is as it¹s meant
to be. I don¹t want any more children. I do however want my sister to have
children, and I am more then willing to give them to her. Third, I am not
leaving Star Fleet.²

³You¹ve been gone for months, Moria!² Joe replied as he watched his wife
picking her jeans up off the floor and putting them back on. ³We didn¹t know
if you were alive or dead, or ever coming back! How can you continue to take
that kind of risk with your life? How can you be so selfish?²

Moria stopped getting dress, turned on her heel and glared at her husband.

Joe glared back. Seconds ticked by as hours before Moria pulled on her
sweater, picked up her shoes and headed for the door. Joe followed, still in
his boxers. ³Where the hell are you going? Moria!?²

  ³Where ever the bloody hell I fucking please.² She replied as the doors
slid open.  In truth she was heading to the guest family unit her mother was
in, and she knew Joe knew that, but she¹d be damned if she¹d say it out loud
for his benefit. When she calmed down she¹d realize that Joe was just being
Joe, the rough and rugged Australian who had fulfilled all her deepest
fantasies. He was Luke to her Meggie, the problem was that Meggie¹s heart
had belong to Father Ralph, and that in the end Meggie had ended up bitter
and alone.

Moria sighed as her eyes burned with budding tears. Maybe she should have
had happier ending fantasies.