[ussbansheec] Dotted Ts and Crossed Eyes

  • From: Andy Maluhia <CaptainAndy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ussbansheec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 13:42:05 -0500

_Dotted Ts and Crossed Eyes
_by Etienne Aigremont & Coaimhe Ecitsuj

Coaimhe looked up at her beloved Etienne and shook her head fondly. He scowled just like his father did but the fact that he was still scowling just amused her to no end. "Stop it, Etienne," she teased, poking his side lightly as they walked off the lift.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," he protested even as he twisted to get out of her reach.

"Oh so then it must be some other lovely French Trill who's been pouting ever since I started to work with Lieutenant McEntire," she mused. "Some other good looking dark haired man who kept thumbing a charged phaser as he stood guard at the door to the room where we were working."

Her only answer from him was an annoyed hmmph. "Il n'importe pas, mon bijou. It only matters that that contraption will hopefully bring us all home where we belong."

"So then why," she began as she poked him again with each passing word, "are you so sour faced and annoyed?"

It was hard to keep a stern demeanor when his much adored Coaimhe was being so playful and when he knew that she would tease him even more if he told her the truth. She was such a sweet and vibrant soul and so very beautiful. He spent whatever time he could with her, precious little that it was now that he was acting head of Security. The project Science and Engineering had to work on was so important that it was deemed necessary that armed personnel had to be there. Of course he volunteered. And that, he knew, was where the irritation had begun and now that they'd delivered the device to the captain, he was still irritated.

"He was flirting with you," he finally grumbled.

And there it was. She laughed at him before hugging him right in the middle of the corridor. "Etienne Aigremont, you are so funny. How long have we been assigned to the same ship as Lieutenant McEntire and you never noticed that he flirts with every female aboard?" she asked, grinning up at him. "Tsk tsk, Mr. Security. You should be more observant."

"Pah, I never said I didn't notice," Etienne retorted. "He even made Maman blush at the last launch party." Now that he put voice to it, it did sound silly but he could never not be honest with Coaimhe. "He just never flirted with you, Coaimhe. I don't care for it."

"Silly man, he has too but you never saw it," she told him. "Relax, Etienne. You have nothing to worry about. We'll be home soon."

"And you'll still marry me even if I am silly and jealous?" he asked with a shy smile.

"Of course I will, my silly Trill. When we get home." She poked his side once again. "Now uncross your eyes and stop scowling."

--
Yeah?  Well, MY god has a hammer-Nick Fury

--
`Onipa`a (Stand firm.)--Motto of Queen Lili`uokalani.