<USS Banshee> Eyes Part 1

  • From: LtJvanDnalls@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussbanshee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 16:03:52 EDT

    The blurry image slowly came into focus.  Martin Lobell lie on his
stomach, his empty eyes stared into nothing, yet right they faced me.  I
could see the man that I knew for the past 3 years, who I went threw
countless dangerous missions with, but, I couldn't see him at all.  His body
was there, but the life within was gone.  It was torn from him at the age of
twenty four.  Twenty four… that's it... now he was gone.  His mother was so
proud of him, the first member of their family to make it into the elite of
the elite, a Marine Tactical Squad.  Now his lifeless body was displayed for
all to see, such a disgraceful way for a warrior to die.  Hell, a disgrace
for anything to die, at the hands of those Cardassian bastards.

    He knew the risks, they all did, and he came along willingly, but it was
still wrong.  Where was their compassion?  Where were their souls?  Soul,
yeah, right....a reptile scumbag with a soul, that will be the day.  I don't
want t look into those dead eyes anymore, but in the same token, I can't turn
away, to do so would be an even bigger disgrace.  J'van D'nalls was going to
remember these eyes until the last second of his life, and he knew it.

    After all, it was my miscalculations that did this.  It was me, all me.
We walked into an ambush, we could have had an entire regiment with us and we
would have been doomed.  Those bastards knew we were coming, and they could
have captured us.  They could have had mercy, and taken prisoners after the
fire fight.  No, they killed ever last man, save one, J'van D'nalls… who was
most assuredly next on their list.  It wasn't even going to be a merciful
fast death either.  It was going to take hours, maybe even days.  He already
had more broken bones and other wounds then he could count, and that was just
tease for what lay in wait.  He knew damned well that within a the time it
took for a day pass back on earth, he would go from a somewhat damaged
warrior to a sniveling, broken pile of flesh begging to be killed.
No mater how much he tried to think of the good times, he could only stare
into deaths face and go over his own death in his mind.  It was as if it was
a Shakespearian tragedy, already written and he was just a spectator.  He
watched as they used chemicals to burn away portions of his flesh.  They used
crude steel instruments to cut, snap, crush, rip, and tear away more and more
of him.  He watched as he screamed in pain immeasurable.  He watched as his
own lifeblood sprayed over the snakes, as they smiled, his crimson life
flowed freely over their hardened skin.  They laughed as his cries grew
louder and more panicked.  They made jokes as his breath shortened and became
more erratic.  The sick bastards crushed his fingers, one by one as they
noted how easily their pliers compressed the bone into bloody splintered
pulp.