<USS Banshee> Aftermath

  • From: EnsnSaraCrusher@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussbanshee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 14:39:03 EDT

*this was wrten after a log that involes myself, Josh and our fair Captain.
It takes place right after that one, so when Josh sends out the 3way then
some of this will make more sence.*

Aftermath
By Ensign Sara Crusher
With an appearance from Ensign Anthony D'Vorak

Sara walked into sick bay not in the best of moods. She wasn't having all
that great of a day. It started off with her hating the fact that her duties
are still being limited, to being busted like a 16 year old by her mother on
the pouch with her boyfriend, to now having to do ALL of Anthony's paper work
plus up date the entire medical data base.

Anthony noticed Sara walk into sickbay rather upset about something.  He
finished up cleaning after completing some physicals and walked over to her.
"What's up Tribbs, you don't look too good?"

Sara started to roll her eyes but Morrigan’s voice still ran though her mind
and she stopped. She sighed deeply instead. "Have you ever just had one of
those days where you wish you could just get back in bed and hide under the
covers?"

Anthony put his arm on Sara's shoulder.  "I get those days all the time, I
usually just concentrate on working and I get through it"  He could tell it
was more serious than he originally thought. "What happened?" Anthony smiled,
hoping that it would comfort Sara enough to get her to talk.

At times Sara wondered if maybe she had let Anthony to close. As she looked
up at his smile she could not help but feel better and worse at the same
time. "I just got back from Captain Morrigan's ready room." She sighed.

Anthony frowned.  He knew Sara had been in trouble with Captain Morrigan
lately but  he didn't think it had phased her this much.  "She's not still
giving you a hard time about the cat is she?"  He shook his head "Don't worry
about squealin’ on me... I forgive you... don't let that stuff bother you!"

Sara laughed. "Dog...And no it had nothing to do with that. She's ok with
that now that I have finally given her enough proof that he's not a threat."
Sara laughed again as she thought about all the paper work all this time with
the Captain is causing her. She moved over to the bio bed in the middle of
the room and started to kick at it. "This time was over something even more
stupid."

Anthony stepped closer to her and looked into her eyes.  "What did you do?"
His smile turned into a concerned glare.

"I..." She wasn't sure if she should tell him the truth. She was still
unclear on what was going on with him and she worried about how he might
react to the truth. "I got caught away from my post while on duty." She hoped
that would be enough for him. She really didn’t want it getting around the
ship that she and Josh had been busted making out by the Captain. Sara's face
turned the same shade of red it had been 15 minutes before as she continued
to kick at the bed.

Anthony could tell that something was wrong, and he could tell that she
didn't want to talk about it right now.  He figured she would come around
when she was ready.  "I shouldn't have let you go to the bridge... I guess
its partly my fault..."  He half-smiled at her.  "Work on whatever you
like... there isn't a lot to do here today."

Sara looked up at Anthony with a clear look of announce on her face. It
wasn't directed at him but at the whole silly mess. "It wasn't your fault.
What happened just happened. It wasn’t really any one's fault. It just got
out of hand... in a lot of ways." Sara then looked over at the stack of padds
that Anthony had piled on the counter. "How many physicals did you do today?"
She asked not giving him time to question her last statement.

He noticed that Sara had changed the subject, as she often did when she felt
uncomfortable with his current line of questioning.  He was in a good mood
today so he would let it slide.  "I completed the physicals for the two new
officers, I did some crewman physicals here and there, oh, and some
apprentice engineers.... So that makes about 7.  Give or take a few"  He
smiled.  "We had a few broken bones this morning... holodeck fever again" He
looked again through his list from the morning.  "Oh, and Crewman Bossey
swallowed a quarter... that was fun."

Sara moaned loudly and whined a bit. Anthony looked over at Sara and quickly
made his way over to her.  He scanned her with his medical tri-corder.
"What's up Tribbs?"

"My punishment is to do all your paper work for a week and update the WHOLE
STINKING medical data base." She told him. She moaned again as she picked up
the padds.

He closed his tri-corder while trying to hold back a laugh.  "Well, I don't
have anything that can help you with that, but... If you need any help, I'll
be in the next room with the cadavers, Its the first time in a while for me!"

Sara smiled as she watched Anthony head out of the room. Then she grabbed a
few more padds and headed for the AMO’s office. She dropped them on the desk
and watched as they coved it. Then she walked to the replicater and ordered a
large mug of coffee. "What the heck." She said as she took the drink from the
shelf. "I’m already in hot water why not add more." She then sat at the desk
and grabbed the first padd.

Sara had updated Ensign Kalpana’s file and was working on Lt. Jg.
D’Nalls’
when her mind started drifting back to the ready room and the weird readings
she had been getting from Morrigan. She wasn’t sure what was bothering her
more, the reads themselves or that fact that she read her at all. Normally to
read someone she‘s spent little to no time with she would have to focus on
that person for that reason. But she wasn‘t trying to read Morrigan she was
to busy shooting of her mouth and trying not to roll her eyes. But there is
was, a mixed and faded cascade of emotion.

"Man I wish I would have paid closer attention to Gram when she was telling
me about Bajorans." She said out loud. Sara’s abilities became even more
limited around certain races. Ferengi and Breen for get it, even a full
blooded Betazoid can’t read them, some half bloods may have trouble with
Klingons and the Benzite. With Sara it was Bajorans. Which added another how
question. Morrigan is half Bajoran. Sara sat back in the chair and rested her
head on small neck pillow that hung from the top. She closed her eyes and
tried to clear things up but her moment of peace was interrupted.

"Excuse me Doctor." Came a strange voice.

Sara opened one eye and looked at the door way. "Yes Yeoman." She said as she
straighten up in her chair.

The young man walked deeper in the office and Sara’s shoulders slummed at the
sight of the bundle that he carried under his arms. "The Captain said that
this information needs to be added to the proper files and data banks." He
said as he set another 25 padds on the desk. "By the end of the week." He
added as if he felt sorry for Sara.

Sara wanted to cry as she looked at all the padds. "Very well. Thank you
Yeoman." The young man nodded and then left.

Sara looked over a couple of the padds and the information they held. She
then placed her head on the desk and moaned again as she slowly as she
started to hit her head on the desk.