<USS Atlantis> Raelyn, Priestest of the order of Kormek

  • From: JordanToreek@xxxxxxx
  • To: ussatlantis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 01:54:00 EDT

Jordan walked into sickbay trying to stifle a yawn.  It had been less then
six hours since she had left Caine in the lounge.  Her bodied had gotten
about four and a half hours of sleep and it was raring to go.  Unfortunately,
her brain was still clinging on to its sleepiness.  Her subconscious wasn't
quiet ready to let go yet.  A little bit of caffeine and she would be fine.

Looking around sickbay, Jordan noticed that those on the Gamma shift were
getting a little restless, as they had less then an hour before their shift
ended.  She walked over into the office.  She hadn't yet started to feel or
think of it as her office, but maybe she would soon.  Moving over to the
replicator the tired doctored punched in her order.  It was her usual drink,
a recipe that she, herself, had created.  It was actually rather healthy for
the body and the mind and, more importantly, it tasted great.

Taking the drink, which she had yet to name, Jordan walked over to the desk
and sat down, looking over the paperwork that had accumulated since she left
last night.  "Is there ever and end to paperwork?"  Jordan muttered to
herself.

She took a sip of her drink and picked up the first PADD, quickly scanning
over it.  It was an inventory of supplies that sickbay currently carried.
The quick scan told her that sickbay was still well supplied, which didn't
surprise her at all.  They hadn't been gone too long since the last time
supplies were ordered.  Thinking back, Jordan decided to see how the EMH
worked with the supply list, though she would do that later, when she had
more time.

She tossed the PADD back down on her desk and picked up another PADD. This
one contained the information that Dr. Caine had given her about the
priestess.  Jordan remembered what Brian had said about the woman's refusal
to talk.  She softly taped the PADD on her hand as her mind slowly started to
awaken with thoughts. "Hmmm . . . maybe I will go and talk to her."  JT said
softly to no one but herself.  "Would be more interesting then sitting here
with this other work."

Raising from her chair, she walked out still carrying the PADD in her hands.
The doctor headed straight to where the priestess rested comfortably.  She
looked in on the young woman, who couldn't be more then 30 years old.

Upon her entrance, the priestess looked over at her.  Smiling to her patient,
Jordan moves in closer.  "How are you feeling this morning?"  The doctor
looked up at the readings above the priestess' bed, noting that she was in
good health.

The young woman on the biobed looked around.  She had a very serene look on
her face and Jordan could sense that she was slightly confused and rather
irritated with something.  The priestess also seemed somewhat hesitant and
unsure.  After a moment or two, she finally reached a decision and in a
hesitant, quiet voice spoke softly, "I am fine doctor."

The words and the fact that the woman spoke surprised Jordan a little.  She
had only half expected the priestess to talk.  Wondering how much the woman
was willing to speak Jordan continued, "I am Dr. Toreek, But please call me
Jordan."  She again gave her patient a smile.

"My name is Raelyn, priestess of the order of Kormek."  The priestess stated.
 She did not ask any questions, nor seem very curious about where she was,
rather just sat there on the biobed, looking at Jordan and waited.  Jordan
didn't know what her patient was waiting for, but it intrigued her, just like
Caine intrigued her.  They both had the same sort of ere about them, a very
calming sense.

"Would you mind if I asked you a few questions Raelyn?"  Toreek asked,
watching her patient closely.  The priestess only nodded her accent and
waited.  "Where are you from?"

"I am from the temple of Aronin on Mount Creelon.  Where the mist raises high
in the morning and the sun sets low at night."  Jordan taped the information
into the PADD, but it made no sense to her.  She had hoped that the priestess
would be able to give the name of the planet or system where she was from,
but even after further question, Raelyn's only response was the same,
unchanged form.

"How did you get into the hands of those? And why were they holding you?"

"By the will of the Goddess of Sorina, daughter of the Most High God, Kormek.
 It was by her hand that I found myself among those creatures. "  This helped
Jordan even less, but she input the names into her PADD.  "I am tired now.  I
must rest."  And with that Raelyn laid back down, closing her eyes.

Shaking her head, Jordan rose and left the area, heading back over to her
office.  To herself, "Well, it's a start anyways."  She updated Raelyn's file
and looked back over the work she had abandoned earlier.  She decided to give
the EMH a crack at some of the work and summoned him.   Together they sat
down and worked through the pile of PADDs.