[USS Athena] "Unexpected Turn"

  • From: Ronov tr'Daelk <ronov.trdaelk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ussathena@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 12:57:56 -0400

ON

The Federation/Romulan creation, Toirha, disappeared through the space barrier of the Athena's shuttle bay.  Ronov watched it veer away from the ship on it's way back to Staffleet HQ.  Captain Mergahn had been called back for an emergency briefing.  She had told Ronov, Admiral Archer did no want to discuss it over the slip-stream link.  Captain Mergahn had theorized id had something to do with the T'Kil.  This posed a problem.  It now meant Ronov was going to have to meet with the admiral from the Starzen fleet.  He grimaced as he looked at the Starzen craft sitting off to the side of the bay.

"Ronov to Commander Svonn," the ship's XO said, tapping his comm badge.

"Svonn here," the Vulcan replied.  He and Admiral Detalya were now on the bridge.

"Would you bring our guest to the main conference foom?" Ronov said.  "I am on my way there now."

"Of course, Erei'Riov," Svonn replied,  He ushered the admiral in the direction.

"This must be a diffifult environment," Detalya commented as they walked.  "I mean the meshing of two military services.  Especially when you were enemies."

"Indeed it was, at first, sir," Svonn told him.  "But the initial need for survival for the Starfleet and Rihannsu crews forced us to overcome differences. Captain Namid worked dilligently to make certain the crews would cooperate with one another."

The two entered the conference room.  Svonn indicated a seat for the admiral to sit in then offered a beverage.  Admiral Detalya accapted the offer and took a seat.

"You know, Commander," Detalya said, as Svonn set the drinks on the table.  "I am impressed with your openess, about your situation.  Tactically it could show a weakness to expliut, if there was any thought your crew might not be totally one."

"It has always been Starfleet's policy to be as honest as possible with First contact species," Svonn told him.  Both their attentions were diverted as the conference room doors opened.

"Admiral," Ronov said breezing into the room.  "I apologize for the delay. Captain Mergahn has been called back to the Alpha Quadrant for an emergency meeting."  He moved to the head of the conference table.

"It must have been very important," Detalya said.  There was a sligh bit of annoyance in his vouce. He glanced to Svonn, who has raised his eyebrow, seeming a bit surprised at this turn of events, himself.  Because of the Vulcan's reaction, Detalya decided not to rake this as a "fast play" on the part of this Starfleet crew.

"I assure you, Admiral, it was."  Ronov sat down. "Commander would you bring up the data?"

"Of course, sir," Svonn replied. He touched the table control panel.  The planet they had visited appeared above the table.  Admiral Detalya was obviously surprised and impressed at what he saw.  "This planet, sits in one of your forbidden areas, Admiral. Our long-range sensors have detected power signatures of a base, of which we have an interest."

"We know of this base," Detalya said, a bit warily.  "That is why the system is off-limits."

"We need access to that base," Ronov said, short and sweet.  "Starfleet would much rather have the permission of the Starzen people to investigate it."

Detalya glared at Ronov for a moment.  His whole tone indicated they would go to the base, Starzen blessing or not. "Anf what if we say no?"

"Admiral," Svonn said quickly, hoping to cut off the hostitities he was certain was going to start. He felt Ronov's stare on him, but continues nonetheless.  "Our access to that base could be crucial not only to the survival of the Federation, or Rihannsu people, but to those living in the Alpha Quadrant, and we believe eventually the Beta Quadrant."

Though he was definitly ticked at being cut off, by the Vulcan, he nodded his agreement.  "it is a big part of why the Rihannsu government has supported this joint effort.  The threat is definitely greater than the Federation and the Rihannsu Star Empire."

"Itwould help to know more about this threat," Detalya said.

After a nod from Ronov, Svonn touched the console.  The image of the planet was replaced by the menacing red ship, od the T;Kil.  Svonn started the gruesom rale, revealing all they knew about this enemy.  He concluded with the final battle which resulted in the destruction of the USS White Knight.

Detalya watched this with quiet horror.  he tried to imagine what would have happened, if this had been in Starzen space.  "I take it, this is not the end of the tale?"

"Considering the importance  Starfleet has placed on getting as much information as possible from this base, Admiral," Ronov said.  "It seems not."

Detalya nodded thoughtfully.  "I cannot make this decision.  The forbidden zones have been set by the Starzen Conglomerate, which is a meshing of the many workds on our spatial boundaries.  I will have to take it back to them."

"That is what we expected, Admiral," Ronov said.  "If you can contact them, and get this request granted as quickly as possible, we will be grateful."

"I will see what i can do," Detalya said.  "Now, what of that ship out there?'  He indicated the broken warbird.

"We have orders to get that to the Rihannsu base for repairs," Ronov told him.  "We will be taking the ship under tow, and then returning for your decision.  That will take us several days to a week at best."

Detalya nodded and rose.  "Then I shall take my leave of you, and contact my government."  He looked to Svonn, then to Ronov and extended his hand.  "Gentlemen, I thank you for this meeting,  It has been most.... enlightening."

Ronov took the Admiral's outstretched hand.  "As it has for us, Admiral.  I hope we have made our case to you, and you will support us."  He wanted to include it would be in their best interest to agree to this, but decided that would come off as a threat.

"I will see what I can do," Detalya said.  He couldn't help feel there was more Ronov wanted to add.  he turned to Svonn, holding out his hand.  "Commander.  I think you for the tour, and your homesty."

Svonn steeled himself for the contact, and shook the admiral's hand.  "As Erei'Riov Ronov stated, sir, I am hopeful your government will accede to our request.  I shall escort you to the shuttle bay."

Detalya smiled.  He liked the Vulcan.  He wasn't so sure about the Rihannsu.  He turned back to Ronv.  "We shall be in touch."

"We look forward to your reply," Ronov told him.

OFF

Lt. Commander Svonn
Chief Science officer