[USS Athena] "The Elder Bade" Part three

  • From: Noah Fyrstk <ensnoahfyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ussathena@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 13:05:46 -0400

Part 3

Jhu'Rhiana followed closely behind Lt. Commander Svonn as they made their way through the strange base.  Her disruptor drawn, she could not help but note the way Svonn walked through the base with ease.  Looking at The tricorder, they walked through corridor after corridor.  Finally, they came to a large room, with console all around them.  This was obviously the control center for the base.

Svonn was almost excited.  This was quite a find.  The control room was twice the size of that of the previous base.  Looking around, he saw some of the same consoles as the previous base, and many console he did not recognize.  Svonn looked over one of the consoles.  This was one he had seen before.  As he translated the information, he could see this was a status monitor for other bases. There were at least five others inm operation.

As Ronov looked around the room, the first thing that struck him was the cleanliness of the room.  Despite the fact that there had been no one in the base for Elements knows how long, it has been since the base was occupied, there was not one iota of dust on any of the equipment.

"One thing I cannot understand," Ronov mused aloud.  "Is if this race was so powerful, why are they not here to this day.  This base has obvious technology surpassing the Empire's."

"It is a mystery, Erei'Riov," Svonn acknowledged.  "It is one I hope we can solve by studying this or other bases."  He stepped up to one of the new consoles.  Looking at the translation of the language, it seemed this was some sort of universe monitor.  Svonn touched a control and the monitor blinked on.  Somewhere deep inside the base a rhythmic "thrum" started to sound.

"What was that?" Ronov asked, moving over to the console where Svonn stood.  "What have you activated?"

"Fascinating," was all the Vulcan replied.  He stared in obvious fascination at the screen before him. The screen started to change every ten seconds.  "Each screen," he pointed out to Ronov, "is  showing a different view of the universe."  And then Svonn saw something even more curious.

"Correction," Svonn said.  "The images are not different sections of this universe, but the same section, of different universes.  Different realities."

Jhu'Rhiana came over.  "How is that possible?"

"That is something we will find out, Arrain," Ronov said.  "For now, shut it down.  I believe we now have enough information to show this base bears closer inspection."

"Agreed," Svonn said, touching a control.  The screen blinked off.  The "thrum" slowly subsided.  "I request to remain behind, Rekkhai.  You return to the Athena with Aegyptus, and I can conduct further investigations."

"Dhat!" Ronov said.  "No one will stay behind. Too many unknowns here. Let's get back to our shuttle now."

Svonn acknowledged the order.  The trio made their way back to their shuttle.  Unknown to them, the power emitted by the universe monitor had not gond unnoticed.  The Starzen patrol craft noted the sudden power emanations from the planet, and turned towards it.

to be continued...
Erei'Riov Ronov
Executive officer

Lt. Commander Svonn