[USS Athena] Getting Underway

  • From: "Dhivael t'Radaik" <dhivael.radaik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ussathena@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 10:52:30 -0500

*:OFF:

Sorry, this should have been sent out a few days ago, but I hadn't finished
my prep log.  Thanks for your patience on waiting (for those who are waiting
to send out logs until after this one was sent)!

:ON:

     Now, that all the principles, for this mission, were present, Ronov
gathered them towards the rear of his shuttle to brief them.
     "As you all now know,"  he began, "We will be embarking on a
clandestine exploration of a planetary system inside Starzen Territory.
     "Because this will be a cloaked mission, we will depart the Athena, set
course for New Romulus, and remain on that course for 15 minutes.  Both
shuttles will then cloak, and we shall remain on course for another 10
minutes.
     "We will then adjust our course, while under cloak for the system in
question."
     Ronov paced a bit back and forth in front of the team.  "You all have
your assignments.  Both shuttles will take passes over the planet, when we
arrive, and do preliminary scans.  Should the need arise for closer
planetary examinations My shuttle will descend, while Aefyptus keeps a
watchful scan for any signs the Starzen know we are in the system."
     Zerliak nodded, watching the ere'riov.  He glanced once or twice over
to D'hivael who would be aboard his shuttle.
     Dhivael listened to Ronov's speech.  She didn't let show the slight
dissapointment that she wouldn't get to the land on the planet.  At least
she was going along.  She also noticed Zerliak's glances at her.  It was
most likely due to the fact that this was the first mission she had been
chosen to go on, and she was a half breed.  Plus the fact that they would be
alone in the same shuttle.
     Svonn stood beside Jhu'Rhiana.  As they listened to Ronov's briefing,
Svonn could help but feel..... excitement? Yes, it would have to be such.
He was looking forward to this mission.  The one disappointment to his
Vulcan heritage was his failure to suppress such things.
      Ronov studied each of the team.  The only one on the team that was an
unknown was Dhivael.  He was certain she would perform well.  "Are there any
questions?"
     Dhivael shook her head no.  The mission seemed pretty straight forward,
as did their orders.
     "Altight then," Ronov said.  "Let us get this mission under way. One
final word to get us underway. Mhiois!" (Success)
     "Mhiois, " Zerliak echoed.
     "Mhiois," Jhu'Rhiana repeated in unison with Zerliak.
     "Mhiois" Dhivael responded in chorus with the others.
     "Mhiois," Svonn repeated, slightly after the Rihannsu officers.
     All officers turned abd boarded their respective shuttles.

:OFF:

Erei'riov Ronov tr'Daelk
XO
USS Athena