[USS Athena] Re: "Checking Her Story"

  • From: T'Shana Tubed <antediluvian2370@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ussathena@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 12:18:56 -0700 (PDT)

ROFL
That was an awesome log, Ronov. I could picture the fat guy sitting there stuffing his mouth, his greasy chin and all. YUCK!! See why I didn't like him? ::chuckles:: You're a real treat to look at compared to that. ::winks::

BTW, what does "aaith-rrciahr" and "aehfvi" mean? I couldn't find it on the Romulan dictionary site Noah gave me.

T'Shana

"Knowledge becomes wisdom only after it has been put to practical use."

Subject: [USS Athena] "Checking Her Story"

ON

The mission had been underway for five minutes.  Ronov tapped on the comm panel to open the link to the other shuttle.  "Engage cloaks now," he instructed.  Both pilots acknowledged and the attack shuttles disappeared from all view.

"We will remain on this course another ten minutes and then turn for the quest sector."  Ronov tapped the console again closing the link.  "Computer.  Open a frequency to Governor T'Maekh, on New Romulus."

The computer beeped it's compliance.  Ronov watched the blank screen for, in his estimation, far too long.  It took a full two minutes for t'Maekh's image to appear, and when he did, it was not a pleasant sight. T'Maekh was clad only in a silk robe.  Small crumbs of whatever he had for Firstmeal, were still on his ever-fattening chin.  It was clear the governor was reaping the largest benefit of renewed contact with the Empire.

"Ronov," t'Maekh grumbled, not even having the decency to address him by title.  "To what do I owe the pleasure of this call?" It was clear he used the word pleasure, sparingly.

"I regret interrupting your firstmeal, T'Maekh," Ronov stated.  He did regret the call for having to view the governor in his "finest." He also noted the narrowing of T'Maekh's eyes at Ronov using HIS name versus calling him by title.  "We have picked up a possible, former-resident, of the colony.  A T'Shana..."

"Oh HER," T'Maekh blurted out.  He took a long swallow from a jeweled goblet, some of the juice dribbling down his chin.  "She managed to survive, eh?"

"Ie," Ronov simply said.  He wished he could turn off the video portion of this conversation. "We found her near death."

"You should have let her die," T'Maekh remarked.  "She is nothing but trouble.  I offered her wealth and power, but the aaith-rrciahr just couldn't grasp the concept to aehfvi. My advice to you is to toss her out the nearest airlock NOW, and save yourself a ship-load of trouble."

Ronov mulled over the governor's words for a moment.  He wasn't sure whether to scorn or praise T'Shana for her flight from the colony. Considering the image before him, he could only imagine the price she would have had to pay for T'Maekh;s offer.  One thing for certain, Captain Mergahn would never permit tossing her out an airlock.

"I shall keep your warning in mind, T'Maekh," Ronov said.  Again, the governor's eyes narrowed.  "There is also the matter of the cuaire-shuttle."

"Oh that?" T;Maekh said with a dismissive wave.  "Keep it.  We made certain she could find that one with just enough fuel for a one-way trip away from here." He let out a hearty chuckle at his own craftiness.  Ronov grimaced as the silk robe slid open farther with T'Maekh's body tremblings, revealing more of the governor than he cared to see.

"Very well," Ronov said, wishing to end the conversation. "You have given me all I wanted to know."

"Good, good," T'Maekh commented.  He glanced to his left, and nodded, then looked back to the screen. "I am needed elsewhere, Ronov. Always a pleasure ro talk with you. T'Maekh out." With that the screen went blank.  The governor made certain he would get the last word in. At least Ronov had some idea as to the validity of T'Shana's story.

Opening the comm link to the second shuttle once again, Ronov commanded. "Change course for the quest-sector now."

OFF