[USS Athena] "Center of Attention" - Part 2

  • From: T'Shana Tubed <antediluvian2370@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: USS Athena <ussathena@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 19:36:20 -0700 (PDT)

Center of Attention

Part 2

    T'Shana noticed the guard's movement from the corner of her eyes. She
grinned, figuring that their 'bashing' of the arrangements on the ship was
making him either uncomfortable or aggravated. She really wished he'd just sit
down and eat something, even if it was over on the Rihannsu side.
    "Well, that's their loss," she looked at Noah, putting the glass down with
a shrug. "Oh... I still wanted to talk with you about that sexual matter I've
mentioned in sickbay this morning," she grinned sheepishly. Of course, she
could have initiated the discussion with the Doctor in a more private setting,
but she wanted to see what Hanaj would do. And just as expected, she noticed
him shifting again.
    Noah did everything he could to keep a straight face. He knew exactly what
she was up to. This was priceless. "Certainly. Ask away."
    Her grin widened. "I'm having these urges, like a strange sex drive...
every six or seven month. During that time I just want to rip any guy's clothes
off and devour him for hours," she began, leaning toward the Doctor a bit, but
speaking loud enough for the guard to hear her.
    Erein Hanaj cleared his throat loudly, then turned to face Noah with a
slight salute. "Doctor, I would think you be capable of watching over our guest
for a little while. I'd like to excuse myself and take my meal." He tried
keeping a deadpan expression on his face, but his eyes belied his impassive
words.
    T'Shana glanced up at him, hardly able to contain the amusement at his
sudden change of mind.
    Noah actually let a chuckle escape, though he wanted to laugh
whole-heartedly. "Of course, Erein," he replied, still chuckling. "I can keep a
watch on her." He looked back to T'Shana with a congratulatory look.
    The murmurs on the Romulan side of the room started again.
    Hanaj snapped his heels, nodded, and darted off to the replicator.
    T'Shana's eyes followed him for a moment, then she looked back at Noah.
First she stifled the laugh, then she just let it out. A few strange glances
were thrown at her from either side of the room. It took her a few moments to
contain herself again.
    "Ya know, of course," Noah stated, "The urges cain be suppressed. Though it
seems ya mahght be able to keep some o' these gahs in lahne if they ain't
suppressed."
    She quickly took a sip from the water, then cleared her throat. "Well... I
was exaggerating a bit, Doc," she smirked, "Just for the Erein's 'pleasure'.
But.... I do have this sort of Pon'Farr thing going on since about the time I
turned 30," she explained more solemnly now, "And I just can't figure it out. I
know Vulcans go through phases like that, but I don't know much about Romulan
physiology. And even Vulcans don't deal with it this frequently. So, I though
maybe you could shed some light on that for me."
    "Ah aim sure there is an imbalance that we cain work with," Noah assured
her. "Ah will look through your chart a little more closely. Either that or the
holo-deck cain always be made ready for your use in those tahmes." A smile came
across his face to assure her he was kidding.
    T'Shana rolled her eyes. "I prefer the real thing, Doctor," she finished
her water. "But it would be nice if you could figure out if it is an imbalance,
and if there is something that can be done about it. Though, I assume the
menfolks wouldn't care much for my drive to be gone," she chuckled herself now,
hoping he'd get that she was joking.
    Noah chuckled as well. "Ah'm sure they would. Maybe it would even turn a
certain erei'riov in your favor."
    "Ronov?!" Her brow shot up. She shook her head, laughing, "God no! Besides,
what kinda gossip would that evoke... a pure bred Rihannsu and a half blood,"
she winked.

    Her eyes briefly glanced over to where Hanaj had taken a seat. He seemed to
enjoy his meal and the company of a few other officers. Then, her eyes wandered
to the windows, and finally settled back on Noah. His words had reminded her
that she had not seen or heard from Ronov since his interrogation. "Say... is
there any particular reason that we are at impulse power? I thought we were
trying to head back to the Alpha Quadrant?"
    "That was our original mission in lahfe," Noah stated. "But a whahle back
we found something Starfleet found extremely interesting. Now they have us
looking for more evidence."
    "Oh?" She was careful not to sound to curious. So, they ARE on a mission.
    Noah nodded. "Because the Rihannsu were aboard when we made the initial
discovery, Ah guess they decahded to keep this a joint mission. Ah hear peace
talks are actually on-going back home."
    T'Shana was confused, "Peace talks? With who?"
    "Between the Empahre and the Federation." Noah looked at her like 'what
rock have you been under?'
    "Oh," she leaned a bit over the table, her voice lower now, "So... what's
this interesting discovery that gets Romulans to work with Starfleet?"
    Noah smiled. "Sorry. That Ah cain't tell ya. Ah'm sure y'all fahnd out if
ya stick with the ship."
    She eyed him for a moment, her displeasure at his refusal obvious, then
leaned back in the chair again. "Fine," she crossed her arms, thinking, then
smirked, "What if I guess and you just nod your head?"
    "Ummmmmm.... How about ....no." Noah stated. "They say doctors have loose
lips, and Ah recognahze that y'all just came aboard. Sorry."
    T'Shana frowned. "Alright, I'm gonna go and explore some more then." She
rose and looked to Hanaj, "Here dogie," she called out, patting her thigh, as
she turned and walked away. "Thanks for the company, Doc," she hollered out
over her shoulder.
    The Security officer jumped up and followed her, though from his expression
it was unmistakable that he was not happy. Who did she think she was, calling
him around like a common animal? Of course, it was his duty to keep on her
heel, but not in that way. "Women," he grumbled, as they left the mess hall.
    Noah could not help but laugh at her addressing of Hanaj. He then took his
tray and hers and put them into the recycler.

Jointly logged by:

Dr. Noah Fyrstk
T'Shana cha'AAnikh

 "Knowledge becomes wisdom only after it has been put to practical use."