[usbproxy] Re: get usb-mitm running on BeagleBone Black

  • From: Dominic Spill <dominicgs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: usbproxy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 23:06:37 +0100

Hi,

On 8 October 2015 at 11:14, Tr.Hawk <tr.hawk@xxxxxx> wrote:

I tried to get usb-mitm running on an Beaglebone Black via a description
I found here:
http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Bbb_sniffer

I recommend using the OS image provided here:
https://github.com/dominicgs/USBProxy/releases/tag/2014-03-R1

The OS image has the patches already applied and confliting modules
blacklisted. Most users find success with that.

After some struggles (newer compiler version for USBProxy mainly) I seem
to get things compiled but not really up and running. Please find
outputs of two examples of problems at the end of my email.

Does USBProxy together with gadgetfs and libusb (v1.0.19) need some
special linux kernel version/initrd image for the BeagleBone Black?

We have some patches which need to be applied, one of them is required
for some kernel versions, details are in the doc subdirectory in the
code.

The description above uses a build tool set from Robert Nelson and
running a debian image on the BBB:
root@beaglebone:~# uname -a
Linux beaglebone 3.8.13-bone50 #1 SMP Tue May 13 13:24:52 UTC 2014
armv7l GNU/Linux
root@beaglebone:~# cat /etc/debian_version
7.5

This kernel version should work, but you'll need to patch it.
Alternatively, use the image provided.