[usbca_chess] Re: Tactics

  • From: "J Thoune" <hazelnutt2001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <usbca_chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 12:15:37 -0500

Hi Jim H,
The guidance I've always gotten regarding improving one's tactics has
centered on doing chess puzzles. One good source is Richard Dinger's
blind-chess list. He publishes a chess problem once or twice a month. Mark
Hague is carrying that resource over to Skype-chess with enthusiastic
reception. You may also be interested in Paul Benson's chess discussion
which takes place every Sunday at 14:00 UTC. That would be 10AM EDT. His
sessions run about four hours, though you can leave whenever you like. You
may have seen postings for that activity on the open-aurec list.

More when I have more! :)
Jim T