[usbca_chess] Over the Board versus Correspondence Chess

  • From: Evan Reese <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: usbca_chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 11:32:15 -0400

Hey Guys,

Maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to play via email at the same level of my over the board games.

I don't know what the cause is. I know I can take nearly as long as I want choosing a move in an email game, but maybe it has something to do with having
to drop the game while waiting for a return move, then having to pick it up again. Whereas, with an OTB game, my attention is steady and I stay focused
on it. That's the only reason I can think of for the disparity.

Lately, I've been seriously considering dropping correspondence chess completely. I just don't seem to be able to play at the same level.

Anyone else have this experience?

Evan