[Umpqua Birds] off subject honey bee swarm

  • From: Keith Phifer <plfer9381@xxxxxxx>
  • To: umpqua birds <umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 14:22:57 -0700

I was taking my lunch walk behind Carl's Jr. when I saw an unusual shaped brown
mass in the trees.  When I looked at through my binoculars it was a large mass
of honey bees crawling all over each other hanging from  the branch of the
tree.  Apparently this cluster is out to find a new home.  I had not seen that
before.  Only new bird for the year up there this week was a singing Cassin's
vireo.
Keith