[Umpqua Birds] Re: Three Sightings at the Utter Household

  • From: "Bill Utter" <butter2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 17:32:53 -0700

Hi Stacy,

This makes for three out of the last four years it has visited our feeders in
front of our big picture windows. We usually know of its arrival by the clunk
that the feeder makes on the glass – when “Rocky’s” momentum causes the feeder
to whack the window. But last night we were late on pulling the shades – so we
got to watch it land on the feeder.

“Rocky” usually visits three or four nights within a one-two week time period
in the early Spring. Then we don’t see our little buddy again until the next
year.

We agree – it’s pretty special to watch our little “Rocky”.

Bill & Deborah Utter

Just north of Wilbur – off Oak Hill Road