[Umpqua Birds] Re: Raven Summary?

  • From: Matthew G Hunter <matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 18:06:56 -0700

Hi Tammy and All,

 There is not currently a Facebook group page for the Umpqua basin/Douglas
County birding community, that I know of. I am not a Facebook user at this
point, so cannot give any opinion on how well it would serve the needs of
the birding community in Douglas County. Most local birding communities in
Oregon (as well as the statewide community) currently use email listserves
such as this one, posting links to photos or blogs or facebook pages when
appropriate. It seems to work well. Certainly there are a variety of
technological services that can aid in connecting those who want to be
connected in various ways (birdfellow.com is another that was developed
specifically for birders). I also don't want to leave people behind. It was
a bit bumpy for some people just moving from the yahoo group to the
freelists.org listserv, but everyone made it eventually. I'm open to
exploring over time what will best serve peoples' interests.

Matt Hunter
Melrose, OR