[Umpqua Birds] Re: Migration Count on weekend of May 9th/10th: Umpqua Valley edition

  • From: "Toni M" <creekwood@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 08:13:57 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

Welcome, Joel, & I appreciate your humor. Feedback requested, please, in
case an area birdcount is of interest-. (I'm too far out for anyone to come
here with or without shoes-South-East Douglas Co.) I have 50 acres owned
outright + another 100 or so on life estate, adjacent to cleared farm land,
BLM, etc. Riparian (year round creek), forested mountain (madrone/oak,
douglas fir, myrtlewood) & meadow. Mostly common resident/migrant birds
(pardon bird name spelling): Kingfisher; Great Blue Heron; Mountain & Valley
Quail (many); Anna's, Rufous, & Calliope hummers; Black-headed Grosbeaks
(many); American & Lesser Goldfinches (many); juncos; mourning doves;
band-tailed pigeons(many); wood ducks; mallards; red shouldered hawks; red
tail hawks; turkey vultures; Western Bluebirds; Steller jays (many); owls;
woodpeckers; spotted towhees; Lazuli Buntings; Bullock's orioles; mountain
chickadees; varied thrush; and a bunch of vari-colored house finches &
stuff". Everything is common. I'm limited by having only Vortex Diamondback
8x42 binocs & a 65mm Ultima scope & tripod (plus a lousy camera), so my
contributions will be non-stellar. Let me know by emailing me directly if a
local count would be of any benefit to your project.