[Umpqua Birds] I SEE GULLS

  • From: Matthew G Hunter <matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 21:52:25 -0700

Hi Folks,
This morning there was a second-cycle RING-BILLED GULL at Stewart Park
Wildlife Ponds and just before noon there was a black-headed BONAPARTE'S
GULL way out on Ford's Pond, too far to get much more specific about
plumage, though it seemed to perhaps have some white in the dark hood, so
not a perfectly dark hood. Neither species are common in spring, but we are
getting into migration for a lot of species, including these, and the
showery weather sometimes brings these birds down for a break.

Good Birding,

Matt Hunter
Melrose, OR