[Umpqua Birds] High Cascades Dip, Kanipe Grasshopper Sparrows

  • From: James Billstine <billstinj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 19:53:54 -0700

I went on a surge to the High Cascades on Friday night through Saturday
night. I dipped on my target species of Green-Tailed Towhee and Rock Wren,
but did see a LEWIS'S WOODPECKER at the Diamond Lake Sewage Ponds.

Now, for the good stuff.
I had FOUR GRASSHOPER SPARROWS today total, 1 on Goodrich Highway, and 3 at
Kanipe.

The path I walked at Kanipe is here: 43°28'40.78"N 123°13'27.42"W

It's a pretty nice cowpath that follows a draw. Pics and a video of a
Grashopper Sparrow singing are on my blog here:

http://birdsandbrawn.blogspot.com/2015/05/big-year-murmurations.html

I only have internet at school and some sites are blacked so I won't be
able to upload to flickr. Sorry if that inconveniences anyone.

Thanks to new-on-the-listserv-and-in-the-area Paul Sullivan for mentioning
that Grasshopper Sparrows have been seen at Kanipe. I had a great time over
there!

--
James Billstine

http://birdsandbrawn.blogspot.com/