[Umpqua Birds] Re: Douglas County Poorwill w/ Pics

  • From: Matthew G Hunter <matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: James Billstine <billstinj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 12:53:28 -0700

Awesome!!! Great to actually SEE a Poorwill!!! Love that eyeshine! Did
they "sing" at all while you were there ("poor-will-up")? Also a fortunate
experience to hear their flight calls! Neat!!! Bravery has its rewards! :-)

Matt

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 11:35 PM, James Billstine <billstinj@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I looked for Flammulated Owls this evening (it's getting late I know) and
didn't find any, but I re-found some Common Poorwills in the area that Matt
Hunter and I had heard them earlier this year and managed to get some
mediocre pictures.

http://birdsandbrawn.blogspot.com/2015/07/douglas-county-poorwill.html

--
James Billstine