[Umpqua Birds] Common Poorwill S. Douglas Co.

  • From: Matthew G Hunter <matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ub <umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 15:05:50 -0700

Greetings Birders,
Last night Jimmy Billstine and I followed up on a serpentine habitat we
scouted about 2 months ago in far upper Quines Creek, SSE of Azalea,
w/difficult access. At dusk we heard a single COMMON POORWILL, and a bit
later had a second detection that may or may not have been the same bird.
It was also fun to hear a pair of WESTERN SCREECH-OWLS near our "camp."

Other birds in the area:
HERMIT THRUSH
WRENTIT
DUSKY FLYCATCHER