[Umpqua Birds] Re: Black-crowned Night-Herons, Melrose

  • From: Elizabeth Gayner <egayner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 22:43:07 -0700

Matt,

FYI-  i have observed Black-crowned night herons annually on the river side
near the end of Troost. I would see/hear them there spring/summer every
year (had friends that lived in that area) starting in 1999...  I can't
remember if I saw/heard them in winter since we're usually indoors that
time of year when visiting. If my memory serves me right, my friends said
they would often roost in the trees in their yard. However, they were most
often seeing coming from across the street from the river area behind some
houses.

Liz