[Umpqua Birds] Re: Bird Feeders

  • From: Stacy Burleigh <stacymb13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mickey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 12:07:44 -0700

Mike, I think its a great idea for you to landscape with native plants for
the birds. I am going to start implementing some myself. The hardest part
is finding them. The Elkton Community Education Center, www.*elkton*
butterflies.com., though not completely open until Memorial Day Weekend,
does sell native trees and bushes and is having a sale on them this Friday
the 8th in celebration of "National Public Garden Day I have not seen it
yet but the gift shop has a book called "Native Plants of Oregon for
Landscaping". It gives info about the top 35 native plants used in
landscaping.
Stacy Burleigh
Melrose

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 4:22 PM, Mike Sherman <mickey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I’ve very much enjoyed reading about all the many bird watching adventures
you folks have. I am still primarily a back yard bird watcher - focused on
my bird feeder. Today I read this article, which has got me thinking it’s
about time I make some changes. I’m thinking about landscaping with native
plants for starters.

Give It a Break With the Bird Feeders | WIRED
<http://www.wired.com/2015/05/give-break-bird-feeders/>

Cheers,
Mike