[umga] Magicland Tournaments

  • From: UMGA Executive <umga@xxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 08:33:01 -0500

Just promoting a couple of upcoming tourneys from Magicland.

**********************

From our friends in Magicland:

There are two tournaments being held on Tuesday, July 20th starting at 7:30

pm; one for MVC2 and one for Street Fighter 2 Turbo. Both tournaments are

double-elimination brackets (2-of-3, 3-of-5 for winners and losers finals,

4-of-7 for tournament finals) and come with standard tournament rules (Coin

flipping for sides, double blind selection, loser gets to either switch

sides or pick new characters. No Gambit glitching either :p).

Entry fee is $7.00 for one game or $12.00 for both (Five dollars per game is

added to prize money). Prizes are such that 1st place gets 70% of the pot,

2nd place gets 20% and 3rd place gets 10% (Although I'm thinking of changing

it to 60%/30%). In addition to the tournament, feel free to hang around and play for

the evening (I'll be in at 5pm and we close at 11)

We need at least eight people signed up for a game to run a tournament for

it (Otherwise we'll probably just keep entry fees for future prize money and

play casual for the evening), so the more people that enter, the better.

(visit the UMGA forums at www.umga.net)