Marathon Meeting - August 24th - Furi Kuri

  • From: U of Manitoba Anime Club <umanime@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: umanime@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 21:28:03 -0700 (PDT)

That's right, another marathon meeting!

This time we're having it this Saturday August 24th in
rooms 529 - 531 at 12:00 noon in the University
Center.

Furi Kuri.. also known as FLCL or Fooly Cooly is an..
odd anime.  It's also one of my personal favorites!
Robot battles and utter nonsense!

The story takes place in the small city of Mabase,
everything is quiet, a bucolic landscape. Naota, 12
years spend his time under a bridge with his brother's
girlfriend, Mamimi, everything's like in a good shojo
manga... in the beginning only. The tone changes
quickly when, on a furious rhythm, a fury arrives on
her yellow vespa, striking Naota with a big stroke of
motor-driven electric guitar in his head...

It's a great time for anyone who's been curious about
FLCL to check it out!  Made by the same company who
brought us Neon Genesis Evangelion, His and Her
Circumstance, Mahoromatic Maid and Magical Shopping
District.

Here's the official site :
http://www.gainax.co.jp/flcl/

And a good fan site :
http://furikuri.host.sk/index-e.html

Looks like we might have a few extracurricular
activities as well if you feel like just hanging out!

Hope to see everyone there!

Christopher Benson
Webmaster University of Manitoba Anime Club

=====
University of Manitoba Anime Fan Club Executives
Animation Beyond Your Imagination

  - umanime@xxxxxxxxx
  - http://www.umanime.org

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs