Marathon Meeting - August 10th - Digi Charat

  • From: U of Manitoba Anime Club <umanime@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: umanime@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 23:39:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hey everyone!

We've decided to host a UMAnime marathon meeting in
between our usual scheduled meetings this week to show
off the series Digi Charat on Saturday August 10th in
rooms 205-207 in the University Center starting around
10:00 am.

Here's a description of the series -

Digiko (along with her guardian, Gema and little
sister, Puchiko) lands on earth with the goal of
becoming a pop idol singer---and quickly learns that
in order to survive one needs money. she runs into
(literally) the owner of "Gamerz", a manga and anime
store, who offers to let Digiko stay in an upstairs
room of his shop. Naturally, the ever-proper gema says
that it would be wrong to just freeload, so Digiko
gets drafted into minding the store to earn their
keep.

Official Digi Charat Website -
http://www.broccoli.co.jp/dejiko/

This is one of the more .. odd anime's I've seen and
it would be fun to share it ^^  The episodes are short
and were initially designed to promote a store in
Japan by the name of "Gamerz". Those familiar with the
Digi Charat sagas should know that we will be showing
the original TV series, the summer special, the
christmas special and the new movie "A Trip to the
Planet".

We may be ordering pizza so if you want to eat.. bring
your pizza money!  We might even have Digi Charat
Trivia and prizes!

Also, it might be possible that we may not be watching
this series on the projector.. if not, we still have a
television as backup!

See you there!

Christopher Benson
Webmaster University of Manitoba Anime Club

=====
University of Manitoba Anime Fan Club Executives
Animation Beyond Your Imagination

  - umanime@xxxxxxxxx
  - http://www.umanime.org

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs