[UK TV Freelancers] BBC campaign; Watercooler forum

  • From: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:46:50 +0100

A few quick things this time.

1. BECTU BBC campaign:

BECTU's campaign for BBC recognition on behalf of freelancers is growing in
strength - but the union still needs the petitions to keep coming in.
Regional meetings have started, with two more scheduled - Manchester
tomorrow evening (Thursday 13th) and Birmingham next Monday. One speaker at
the Bristol meeting summed up the challenge perfectly: 'It's a numbers
game.' That's exactly right - and that's why it's really important that if
you haven't signed and returned a petition, please do so as soon as
possible. Don't assume that other people will be signing in droves and that
you therefore don't need to. This needs a huge response to work, and it has
ramifications far beyond the BBC.

The issue is being debated all over the place, and rather than fill this
message, we've put all the links - and the petition - on our front page at
www.tvfreelancers.org.uk .

2. TVFL forum:

Over the last couple of years, the TVFL forum has seen less use as other
more active online communities have sprung up. Our forum is still a useful
resource and we'll continue to put stuff up there which you might want to
look at. In the meantime, however, clicking on the 'Forum' link on our site
will now give you a choice of communities to visit. One is the 'Watercooler'
- a lively and extremely informal board which (like TVFL) grew originally
out of the productionbase TV community. Take a look; as time goes on we will
be diverting more and more traffic in that direction. Whatever you want to
say, you're likely to get a response there, and get it fast. Link:

http://tvwatercooler.proboards62.com

That's it for now

All the best

www.tvfreelancers.org.uk