[UHNA] asking for help

  • From: "aileen3" <aileen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:57:12 -0400

I used to go to the neighborhood meetings but have had issues the last couple
years
that have maintained my focus but hope I can ask for some help anyway.

I live on Foulke St and we had a family move into the area recently.  They are
on
the corner of Foulke and Marshall.  The family has adult males in the house that
appear to have a side business working on cars.  They leave cars that they are
currently working on in the driveway of the house but they also leave cars that
are
waiting to be worked on in the street for anywhere from 3 - 21 days.

District 5 only tows cars on Mondays if they have been parked for extended
periods.
I don't complain often enough apparently, because the police continue to not
mark
or tag the cars, when I finally call they go door to door (only on Mondays) and
ask
if the person thinks they need to move it. Yes, they move it and leave it for
another week until the following Monday (only if I complain again).

Foulke St has 4 parking spaces except these people park illegally abutting
driveways (it's illegal to park within 12" of a driveway) and they park 5 cars
because they do this, which makes it difficult to negotiate getting out of the
driveway (Again this is a 1-lane street with limited space) and the police try
be nice to the people and tell me that, unless I am prevented from leaving my
driveway, they won't ticket.

District 5 said that I could contact the beat cop to address this frustrating
situation but won't tell me who that beat cop is.

Can anyone help with this?  I haven't looked yet about the rules for service
station parking but think I need to look into that issue because the cars don't
belong to the neighbor, they belong to someone outside the neighborhood.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aileen