[UHNA] I-75

  • From: "Cindy Summers" <CSummers@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:28:49 -0500

There was a public meeting concerning the I-75 Project last night at
Cincinnati State. The City and Urban Design Associates were requesting
comments from citizens concerning 4 areas which will be affected by the
plans. They are Northside, Hopple Street Interchange, Queensgate and
Mitchell Avenue interchanges. The planners want to go beyond construction
issues to discuss quality of life issues in the Mill Creek Valley

Dan and I and Rob Neel, CUF president, attended the Hopple Street session.
The planners seemed genuinely  interested in comments concerning the
strengths, weaknesses and vision for the area.  Our small group was
concerned about traffic, environmental impact, preservation of parks and
green space, as well as bike and pedestrian paths. Everyone seemed to want
to preserve Central Parkway and it's trees.

I don't know what impact these sessions will have as the State has already
started to make plans. If we hear anything else, we will keep you informed.
Rob is on the steering committee so he will know more. This project will
involve our community as the Hopple St. interchange is a crucial access
point.

Cynthia Summers

Fax 221-0391

csummers@xxxxxxxx