[UHNA] Re: FW: Tom Donnelly named "Athletic Director of the Year" for all of Southwest Ohio

  • From: "Cindy Summers" <csummers@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 17:23:00 -0500

Congratulations to Tom, He's wonderful

  _____

From: uhna-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:uhna-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Donnelly
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2014 1:17 PM
To: uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bettinadschmid@xxxxxxxxx; alhirt@xxxxxxxx; eric.dustman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
donnelt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [UHNA] FW: Tom Donnelly named "Athletic Director of the Year" for
all of Southwest Ohio

Hi,

Just thought you'd like to know about your friend and neighbor.

I am so proud of my hubby, Tom Donnelly (as is Bridgette of her dad, Quinn
of her grandpa, and our three dogs of their companion).

Tom has just been named "Athletic Director of the Year" for all of Southwest
Ohio

(nearly 200 high schools) for his work at Cincinnati Public's Walnut Hills
High School (founded in 1895).  He will be formally honored this spring.
When he first came to Walnut, the school had not won a football game in
years.  Tom changed all that in his very first season.  But that was just
the beginning.  He has also added numerous new sports and brought excellence
to all of them.  To find out more, check out:

http://www.walnuthillseagles.com/athletics/.

Walnut Hills High School (7th-12th grades) now, thanks to Tom, has more than
90 teams, for both boys and girls, for every grade level, and throughout all
seasons.

Walnut Hills is one of the best schools academically in the country.  (It's
the only gold star school in the entire state of Ohio.)  The 2,400 member
student body is culturally and ethnically diverse, with students attending
from every urban neighborhood in Cincinnati. Eighty-seven percent of the
graduates enter college with advanced standing, and students score
especially well on the Ohio Tests of Scholastic Achievement. All students
pass all parts of the Ohio Proficiency Test, 100% on the first sitting, and
Walnut Hills places first in the state on the test. Upon graduation, Walnut
Hills High School students are accepted by the finest universities and
colleges throughout America.

Now, thanks to Tom, WHHS is as good athletically as it is academically.
Graduates often get athletic as well as academic scholarships.  Also, thanks
to Tom, a larger than ever number of students participate in athletics.

In short, Tom embodies the school's motto:

SURSUM AD SUMMUM ("Rise to the Highest)."

Way to go, Tom!

Thanks,

Sharlotte

  _____