[UHNA] FW: Make Your Voice Heard

  • From: "DF Lewis" <DFLewis@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:26:05 -0400

--- University Hights Neighborhood Association - NET Message ---------------

Daniel F. Lewis

-----Original Message-----
From: Linda Ziegler [mailto:LindaZ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 9:21 AM
To: Julie Murray; ndenlinger1@xxxxxxxxxxxx; Jason Pastoor; Craig Lloyd;
dflewis@xxxxxxxx; gayle.prager@xxxxxxxx; Dennis O'Brien; Peter Kulik;
zieglerl@xxxxxxxx; Linda Ziegler; Laura Kleckner; Maureen France;
gayle.prager@xxxxxx; STORKJW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Doug Sanker; Janine Denlinger
Subject: Make Your Voice Heard

Daniel and Peter, please send this out to your email lists.

CPS SEEKS COMMUNITY INPUT ON NEW SUPERINTENDENT

The Cincinnati community is invited to speak up about the future leadership
of Cincinnati Public Schools at a series of meetings starting April 21.

The meetings will be held in the evenings at schools located around the
district to give every community member the opportunity to find a
convenient time to attend.

"We want the leader of our school system to be everybody's superintendent,"
said Eve Bolton, president of CPS' Board of Education. "The community has a
major stake in this decision, and it's important that all perspectives are
heard."

 The Board's goal is to have a new superintendent in place by August 1.
Superintendent Rosa Blackwell announced last fall that she would retire at
the end of her contract on July 31.

The meeting schedule for community input to CPS' superintendent search:

Monday, April 21 * 7 p.m., Oyler School, 2121 Hatmaker Street, Lower Price
Hill  Tuesday, April 22 *  7 p.m., Midway School, 3156 Glenmore Avenue,
Westwood  Wednesday, April 23 * 7 p.m., Woodward Career Technical High
School, 7005 Reading Road, Bond Hill  Tuesday, April 29 * 7 p.m., Shroder
High School, 5030 Duck Creek Road, Madisonville