[UHNA] CUF Meeting

  • From: "Cindy Summers" <CSummers@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uhna@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:00:09 -0500

Officer Governor Willliams from District 5 gave an excellent demonstration
on personal safety. His major point was to have a plan and be aware of your
surroundings. I will share the materials at the February UHNA meeting.

The university police said that the major problem on campus is thefts. They
recently solved a case involving major thefts from the athletic departments
and administration buildings. Problem: Employees were not activating the
alarm system.

Recently City Council voted to cut out funding to the Invest in Neighborhood
group-which controls our NSP funds-about $7000.00 per year. Neighborhood
councils including CUF ( Rob and Linda Z )are protesting. The current status
is unclear.

CHCURCH-The trustees sent a letter to Matt Bourgeois concerning the urgency
of repairing the steeples for St. George. Matt spoke at the meeting and
explained that it took over 6 months to   get a plan together which meets
all city codes including seismic requirements. That board will require the
steeple  rebuilding as part of any new development contract or may build
them first. The problem is that the building requires extensive repairs to
the roof, boiler system etc that was not covered by the insurance

The Cincinnati Empowerment Corporation has money to spend on projects before
the end of the year. The specifics are not published and the deadline is Feb
27. Rob and Matt will be looking into funds for St. George from this source
as well as other projects.. More info should be available by the trustee
meeting on Feb 3.

Good news. There will be a party on January 24  from 5-8 at 2510  Ohio St.
Suite C co hosted with CHIA and CHBA. We are encouraging neighborhood people
who do not usually come to meetings to come, socialize and meet people who
are trying to make the neighborhood better. Free Food!!  BYOB

Cynthia Summers

1600 Scripps Center

312 Walnut St.

Cincinnati Ohio 45202