[UHNA] CUF Home Ownership Committee: Summary of meeting on August 28

  • From: "DF Lewis" <DFLewis@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Julz Brown'" <julz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Justin \(CUF\)'" <jpastoor@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Peter'" <peterk@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 16:23:28 -0400

Hi All

Last Thursday, Julz Brown and I met over lunch to discuss the next step for
the CUF committee for home ownership.  Below is a brief summary of what we
discussed:

*

        Julz is willing to continue producing  the monthly email which links
to a listing of available properties in CUF.

*

        Julz laid out a strategy for our immediate effort:

*

        For the short term, identify areas of CUF with the greatest
potential for increased home ownership.

*

        Identify properties in need of renovation that could most easily be
turned into owner occupied residences.

*

        Use personal contacts, CUF, CHIA, and UHNA as networks to locate and
identify potential homesteaders (people who would renovate and live in these
houses), and investors willing to renovate and sell homes as owner occupied
residences

*

        Action Items:

*

        By the end of September, Julz will attempt to put together a list of
target properties, and for each property, the reasons an investor would be
interested in it.

*

        Daniel will distribute this list over the UHNA email network,
present it to CUF, and ask CHIA the list over their email network.

*

        Daniel mentioned that issues affecting long-term marketability such
as schools, litter, blight, the perception of crime, etc. should be
identified and addressed, but it was decided that these issues were beyond
the immediate scope of this committee.  If we tried to address too much, we
would end up addressing nothing.

Daniel F. Lewis