[ugt] Preparing our content - Finding pictures with permissive licenses

  • From: "Rolf Morgenstern" <r.morgenstern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ugt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2016 15:26:24 +0200

Dear team,

it was great to meet you all again here in Soest and Dortmund! I hope you enjoyed your stay!

After most of you had left we sat together and briefly discussed some more things. One of the topics was finding pictures which we are allowed to use in our content. Here are two methods for finding pictures with permissive licenses:

Google image search: When using Google image search, click on the "Search Tools" button. In the menu that is being revealed choose a permissive license from the "Usage rights" menu. Google then only presents search results which are free to be re-used. (See attachment)

Flick image search: Conduct a search on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/search/ In the upper left corner you can see a drop down menu for filtering the search results by license. Select a permissive license, for example "All creatinve commons" or "commercial usage permitted".

When downloading pictures, please try to select the largest size available. It is always possible to reduce the size later, while it is very difficult to enlarge a picture that is too small without quality loss.

If you have any further technical questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards!

-rolf

--
hei-trogmbh
Aquaponic Development

Huckarder Straße 10-12
D-44147 Dortmund
Tel. +49 (231) 6 11 00
Fax. +49 (231) 6 07 21 41
Mobile. +49 (163) 25 24 104
Mail. r.morgenstern@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web. hei-tro.com

Bitte überdenken Sie, ob Sie diese Mail wirklich ausdrucken müssen.
Sparen Sie pro Seite ca. 260ml Wasser, 50Wh Strom, 10g CO2 und 10g Holz.