[ueb-ed] Re: UEB Symbols List

  • From: "Fontenot, Stacy L" <SFONTENOT1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ueb-ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ueb-ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 14:09:53 +0000

Good morning,
This is my first posting to this list; please forgive that I haven't introduced
myself prior. I got involved in braille late 2007 and have found my special
vocation. I love working in this field!
Mr. Bell, you are on to something here! I did something similar in my Nemeth
code book listing the Unicode, Alt-key, and DUSCI numbers for symbols. It has
helped expedite my transcriptions.
Regarding what may be more usable, I think a heading for Alt-key entry would be
beneficial.  Your list has Wordsigns for the Symbol Type Codes, what about
Groupsigns? Would that become unruly? And as a Duxbury user, DUSCI numbers
would be awesome!
Should you need assistance, I can help.
Thank you,
Stacy

Stacy Fontenot
Certified Nemeth & Literary Braille Transcriber
Program for Visually Impaired
Department of Special Education Services, SAISD

San Antonio ISD does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, sex, or disability in providing education services,
activities, and programs, including vocational programs, in accordance with
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Title IX of the
Educational Amendments of 1972; section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973,
as amended.
Es norma del Districto Escolar Independiente de San Antonio de no discriminar
por motivos de raza, religion, color, origen nacional, sexo o impedimento, en
sus programas, servicios o actividades vocacionales, tal como lo requiere el
Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, según enmienda; el Título IX
de las Enmiendas en la Educación, de 1972, y la Sección 504 de la Ley de
Rehabilitación de 1973, según enmienda.