[uae] Re: save/load emulator state

  • From: Daniel Pimley <uae@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 18:20:08 +0100

Hi Richard,

Can you give a little more detail how the save/load slots work and how they would be set in a configuration file? I'd like to start supporting this in Hi-Toro.

Regards,
Daniel Pimley

On 1 Sep 2006, at 14:37, Richard Drummond wrote:

Hi Rich

Another overlooked question. Sorry.

On Saturday 19 August 2006 09:30, Rich Eaton wrote:
How do I test the save/load emulator state option in 8.29 WIP3 OS X
binary ?

There's no Cocoa dialog for specifying the state file to load/save to (I'll
fix that), so you need to specify it on the command line with

-s statefile=/path/to/mystatefile.uss

You can then use the quick load/save state keys to load and save the emulator
state. These are:

F12 + Nampad 0 Quick save emulator state.
F12 + Right Shift + Numpad 0 Quick load emulator state.
F12 + Numpad 1 Quick save emulator state to slot 1.
F12 + Right Shift + Numpad 1 Quick load emulator state from slot 1.
F12 + Numpad 'n' Quick save emulator state to slot 'n'.
F12 + Right Shift + Numpad 'n' Quick load emulator state from slot 'n'.

On OS X, you use F11 instead of F12, of course.