[uae] Re: missing scanlines on ntsc overscan

  • From: Toni Wilen <twilen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:39:12 +0200

Don Venhaus wrote:

Rich,

It seemed to me that there were about 8 or 10 scan lines missing on
overscan ntsc displays, so I poked around and found this...

Hello. I am not Rich but..

How did you confirm this? Name of game or demo? Did you use real Amiga?

Values in custom.h should be exactly right, confirmed by using my PAL Amiga 500/1200 in NTSC-mode. (of course real NTSC-Amiga may have slightly different values, maybe +-2 or so, I think, unfortunately I don't have real NTSC Amigas..)

BTW I also changed VBLANK_SPRITE_NTSC from 20 to 13, but don't know
if this is necessary. Didn't seem to hurt anything.

This can't be correct. It would break many games and demos that do weird things with sprites..