[uae] UAE doesnt seem to filter illegal filenames with colon in it

  • From: Martin Steigerwald <Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 22:26:34 +0200

Hello,

I made my Linux home directory accessible to the emulated Amiga. When I access it from the Workbench it wants to have a certain volume inserted. There is a filename with a colon in it. It seems that UAE doesn't filter those.

BTW I also tried the key board stuff with raw SDL keymapping. Didnt make a difference.

So my no #1 priority is to get a working keyboard.

Then I want to try harder to mount a CD drive within UAE. Now after reading all readmes I also added the "sg" kernel driver via "modconf" and I made all /dev/sg* owned by root:scsi, made them group read-writable and added myself to the newly scsi group. Maybe I need to re-login to make the changes work. Right now mounting the CD0 icon from the Amiga Forever distribution didnt mount the AmigaOS 3.9 CD in the DVD drive of the laptop.

Well enough fiddling for today. Seems that compared to WinUAE UAE for Linux is still quite a challenge. No offence meant, Richard, I know you are doing a great job and I can imagine that UAE is quite a complex beast.

I like to avoid to install a Windows version to this laptop. UAE should run on the OS I work on and more and more thats Linux.

When I can help with testing, please tell me.

Regards,
Martin