[uae] Re: Trash on Picasso96 screens

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 11:32:11 -0400

Hi Jochen

On Friday 11 August 2006 04:22, Jochen Becher wrote:
> I am quitge sure I fixed that some years ago for AmigaXL. Unfortunatly
> it is not difficult to diff that old source with the current one but I
> will see what I find out.

Basically, what happens is this.

The P96 emulation needs to detect writes to the emulated video memory, so that
these writes can be made visible on the host screen. To avoid updating the
screen for every single write, it tries to optimize this by caching all
sequential writes that are on the same display line in graphics mem and then
updating that line on screen.

At the moment, an update only occurs when a write to a new line is started.
That's why you sometimes this rendering bug - the last line of the mouse
pointer will be missing, for example.

Anyway. I'll fix it.