[uae] Snapshot 20070726

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 02:02:13 -0400

Hi All

New source code snapshot:
http://www.rcdrummond.net/uae/test/20070726/

This adds a new tool called make_hdf which can be used from the command-line
to create a blank hard-disk image (it also prints out appropriate config
options which can be appended to or cut-n-pasted into a config file).

Here's an example session:

evilrich@anaximander:~/work/e-uae/uae/build_i386_x11$ ./src/make_hdf

<path>   = file path to hdf image to create
<size>   = size of image to create in MB
           follow <size> by G to specify size in GB
<device> = device name to include in config option
           defaults to DH0 if omitted
evilrich@anaximander:~/work/e-uae/uae/build_i386_x11$ ./src/make_hdf
~/work/test.hdf 4GB
hardfile2=rw,DH0:/home/evilrich/work/test.hdf,32,5,2,512,0,
hardfile=rw,32,5,2,512,/home/evilrich/work/test.hdf
evilrich@anaximander:~/work/e-uae/uae/build_i386_x11$

You get the idea. Hopefully this will stave off some of the "How do I create a
hard file" questions, and it'll mean users don't have to muck around with
figuring out geometries too much. Plus on Linux it'll create sparse files -
which is nice and really quick. Feedback welcome, but don't get too excited;
I want to keep this simple for right now.

Mustafa, some of the changes you asked for are in here. The crash on
AmigaOS-like hosts when using hardfiles should now be fixed (and this'll fix
leaking threads elsewhere). And the build scripts are a little cleaner:
readdisk, and now make_hdf, should build on OS X without problems, for
example.

I'll fling up some binaries built from this in the morning for testing.

Have fun.

Richard Drummond

Web:  http://www.rcdrummond.net/
Mail: mailto:evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx