[uae] Re: Problem with hardfile

  • From: Jens Weichert <nexusle@xxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:46:57 +0200

Hi Markus,

Am 12.09.2006 um 08:58 schrieb Markus Schaber:

Hi,

I recently planted my old 260MB disk into a PC and used Linux to
DiskDump the harddisk into an image. Now I want to use that image in
euae, but it doesn't work.

I'm using an PentiumM with 2GHZ on Debian Linux with 1.6.17 kernels, the
amiga-os-300.rom and rom.key are from an amiga forever disk (not the
most recent release, however).

The relevant line in uaerc is:
hardfile=rw,34,15,510,512,/home/amiga/raw/hda.img

look in the docs and use the sheme in it. I think, your hardfile is a RDB hardfile and you must have the number values set to "0"

(I also tried values of 0, 1, 2, 32 and 34 for reserved blocks.)

AmigaOS gives me a message window claiming "Not a DOS disk in device
DH0", and the console outputs:

Mounting uaehf.device 0 (0):
FS: mounted HDF unit DH0 (0000-0f945c00, /home/amiga/raw/hda.img)
RDB: no filesystem for dostype 0x5244534B

The dostype is RDSK, so it seems that it tries to mount the whole
harddisk, instead of using the Rigid Disk Block partition scheme. Btw,
Linux correctly recognized the partitions, after compiling the advanced
options in.

the RDSK is the RDB (Rigid Disk Block) with your harddrive informations. try the thing above

I did not find any options to correct this behaviour yet. Can you point
me to the appropriate documentation?

Thanks a lot,
Markus