[uae] Re: Problem with PowerBook french KB

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 23:44:07 -0500

Hi Yann

On Saturday 29 May 2004 05:18 pm, Yann Serra wrote:
> I'm now pretty sure SDL is totally guilty (or, at least, SDL for MacOS
> X) because in the new SDL emulator Atari800MacX there is... exactly the
> same problem.

It's not exactly SDL's fault. The guilty parties are the emulators themselves
and the way they map keypresses. For example, if the emulator expects a
cooked keycode corresponding to the ASCII character "1" to identify the key
second from the left on the top row of the main keyboard block, then this
won't work with a French or Belgian keyboard, because that key returns
"!" (or whichever punctuation symbol - I forget).

> In the UAE case, I tried to change the
> "sdl.map_raw_keys=false" to "true" in the config file. But it changes
> absolutely nothing. The "missing keys" are still missing.

I haven't finished the raw key mapping for SDL on OS X yet, so enabling that
option won't help - yet.