[uae] Re: OS X semaphores (was Re: How is the Mac OS X binary built?)

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 01:04:32 -0500

Hi Byron

On Wednesday 12 May 2004 12:11 am, Byron Q. Desnoyers Winmill wrote:
> Okay, I see what you are talking about.  I did the 'otool -t -v'
> bit over here and found the symbols.  (I gather the 'li' is loading
> the system call number into the register and 'sc' is the actual
> call?)

Yes

> I added the following statements to detect the error (well, the
> if/perror stuff, the rest belongs to the original author :).

sem_init() definitely returns "Function not implemented" here too. sem_open()
appears to work, although I don't know that it's particularly useful. Perhaps
the best course of action would be to emulate the POSIX semaphore stuff with
pthread mutexes and condition variables - like SDL does.

> 10.3, stock.

10.2.8 here. But that obviously makes no difference.