[uae] OS X performance woes

  • From: Daniel Pimley <uae@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 01:34:02 +0000

Hello,

A while ago I wrote that the fast copper was the cause of my chronic E-UAE slowdown in OS X. Well, it turns out that the fast copper was only the cause of the problem with Flashback. A floppy speed higher than 100% wrecks Swiv (possibly due to the constant disk access used by the game) and performance of many other games is awful no matter what I try. Uridium 2 can barely manage 10 frames a second :(

Skipping frames makes a noticeable difference. And, strangely, if I partially cover the E-UAE window with another window, performance increases in proportion to how little of the E-UAE window is visible. Maybe this has more to do with SDL than E-UAE?

Regards,
Daniel Pimley