[uae] Re: New test builds

  • From: Dennis Smith <dennis48066@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 13 Jun 2005 16:00:54 -0500

Hello Richard,

On 06/08/2005, you wrote:
> Hi Dennis

> On Tuesday 07 June 2005 03:37 pm, Dennis Smith wrote:
>> AmigaOS4 sounds great!

> I uploaded builds for OS4 and BeOS today (both built against SDL rather
> than  using native gfx). Find them in the same place as the other test
> builds.

OK, got the 20050607 -- uae-sdl -- OS4. Mmmm, nice! :-) I had the impression
at bootup as being at bit more 'snapier'.  I recently got hold of "Labrynth
of Time" and played with that . SDL  does that nice & the  sound files. :)
The program "JDL" - Just Like a Dream --  from OS3.5 daze, runs nice!

Looked over everything and found one flaw -- the CD-ROM directories!
I'm happy you got this finally working, but when I put in my OS3.9 cd, the
directories are being re-listed about  a half-a-dozen times. A small flaw
but kind of confusing. I did like the keyboard map udate! :-)

If I were grading, the 'A' in Amiga goes to Richard ! =:o

>> Thanks! I'm using Debian 3.1 Sarge. What version
>> you recommend for it? The last E-UAE  was 0.8.22. Doh.

> I can do a new Linux/PPC build. Although you'll probably find that the
> OS4  build performs a lot better. Of course, the Linux version has SCSI
> emulation  and a GUI, which the OS4 one doesn't yet.

I think I d/l'ed a 8.28 test version for PPC in bzip2, but haven't got to it
yet! When you got  OS4, you got everything! ;-) I 'll get to it before the
week is out.

Thanks for the good works. You make OS4 a real treat and charm!

Dennis