[uae] Re: Logging terminal output for OS X Cocoa

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 00:58:24 -0400

Hi Daniel

On Thursday 27 April 2006 18:17, Daniel Pimley wrote:
> Question for Richard or Steve Saunders:
>
> Are there any plans for redirecting / logging the terminal output
> when E-UAE is running as a Cocoa app? Terminal output is invaluable
> for discovering errors and fixing bad configurations, especially
> since the Cocoa app returns very few errors as alert messages at the
> moment. Redirecting to a file in ~/Library/Logs/ would be perfect.

I had been planning to add an option to redirect log output to a file - it'll
be handy on all platforms, not just Cocoa.

e.g. logfile=~/Library/Logs/e-uae.log

If not specified, then the default behaviour would be to log to stderr as
usual (which, if stderr is null, as in the case of the Cocoa app or the
AmigaOS version started from Workbench, then log output is lost).

Any comments?