[uae] Keyboard problem - Shift key not working!

  • From: Amir Ansari <fractallyte@xxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 21:13:15 +0100

Hi

I just want to find out if anyone else has this problem, or whether I'm doing something wrong...

I've set up the Linux version of E-UAE to run on the framebuffer, using SDL and DirectFB. No X, which makes the whole thing light and fast. Nearly everything is working perfectly - except the keyboard. I can only get lower-case letters. With the Shift key pressed, there's absolutely no output. CapsLock gives me only a few symbols and four letters S, V, W, Z.

The Amiga tool KeyShow shows my layout and recognises modifier keys such as Shift, Ctrl, etc. So I'm guessing that the Linux kernel keymap isn't being translated properly into the emulation. It also appears that the .uaerc can't use sdl.map_raw_keys yet.

BTW, I've disabled the joystick (after checking this list for anyone with similar problems). Also tested out the same configuration using E-UAE compiled for X, everything works fine.

Does anyone know of a work-around?  Have I gone wrong somewhere?

Thanks!

Amir