[uae] Re: Key # on german keyboards

  • From: Martin Steigerwald <Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 00:26:58 +0200

Am Sonntag, 1. August 2004 21:57 schrieb Karl Dietrich Bamler:
> Am Sonntag, 1. August 2004 16:41 schrieb Richard Drummond:
> > Hi Martin
> >
> > On Sunday 01 August 2004 06:41 am, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > > WinUAE 0.9.90 has the key "#" on german keyboard fixed.
> > >
> > > UAE 0.8.25 as well as the lastest test UAE produces "\" when I type
> > > "#".
> >
> > Okay. I'll fix this.
> >
> > Can you do me a favour and tell me what keycode xev reports for the '#'
> > key.
>
> On my german Keyboard # has keycode 51. But i don't have a laptop, maybe
> that makes a difference.

Hello,

Yes, keycode 51.

> But i don't have problems with UAE and #  but i am shure that i created my
> own keymap for Amithlon using KME from Aminet. My Amithlon keymap works
> well with UAE aswell.

Well it seems that it is just the difference between "d" and "d_pc" keymaps.
The "d_pc" keymap was specifically created for Amithlon and AmigaXL as far as
I remember, so that they support PC keyboards nicely. But if UAE is to handle
that and present an Amiga keyboard to the emulated Amiga, the "d_pc" might
have been a work-around for something that should have been fixed in UAE
itself. Well I don't care that much, as long as the key works.

Regards,