[uae] Re: IBrowse still freeses

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:31:50 -0400

Hi Karl

On Sunday 18 June 2006 18:38, Karl Dietrich Bamler wrote:
> The installation is from my old Amiga1200 setup, this was a 68060 system.
> As far as i remember i never cared to change this, as it worked fine under
> Amithlon. I am going to reinstall IBrowse and MUI now, which processor
> would you suggest?

I'm using the 020/FPU version. If you do re-install, please keep your old
version around just in case this is the source of the problem.

> I set it indirect as i have more than 64MB Ram, this used to be a problem
> IIRC.

You can raise the limit on a shared-memory segment by echoing a new value
to /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax.

E.g., for 64 MB, as root, do:

echo 67108864 > /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax